Iphone prototype find may cause apple to change plans

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
APPLE being as secretive as it is may decide to change the shape or features in the next IPHONE from the prototype which was found and sold to Gizmodo.

This info comes from sources familiar with the situation.

Then again APPLE may push forward the release date. However since we don't have any confirmation yet that's hard to confirm.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    dayrobotdayrobot Posts: 133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

APPLE being as secretive as it is may decide to change the shape or features in the next IPHONE from the prototype which was found and sold to Gizmodo.

Then again APPLE may push forward the release date. However since we don't have any confirmation yet that's hard to confirm.

Thanks for the info!

By features you mean what? Removing the front-facing camera? Or a different Case, buttons...

The round buttons did look a bit off though...

Anyway, thanks!

Dan
  • Reply 2 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Quote:

It could easily launch at WWDC this year, which is only 5 weeks away. I don't think a new design is needed at all.

The original iPhone was shown 6 months before it was sold by Apple themselves and didn't have a bad effect. The reactions to the leak are very positive and it won't in any way dampen the sales.

In fact, I normally hold off a few months before buying. Depending on the price, I may get the upgrade right away this time simply because I know everything about it and I like it.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

So your 'source' has informed you that because of the leak Apple may or may not change anything. Must be a senior executive with Apple to have that kind of insight.