Orange UK iPad 3G monthly data plans run £15 for 3GB, £25 for 10GB

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    nasdarqnasdarq Posts: 137member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iVlad View Post

Damn you at&t. Markets outside US are offering better pricing, and apple extended their exclusivity just because at&t gave them half off. Aggggg. C'mon

The high US price only marginally has anything to do with AT&T; European carriers would also lift the prices if Apple were allowed to choose one bidder to provide the 3G service for the iPad. It's all about the more strict application of the anti-trust law than in the US. The European carriers will be obliged to offer 'market rates' or lower as there will be at least 3-4 operators offering the iPad 3G plans per each country.

Another argument, albeit a less convincing one, is that AT&T has to charge higher prices in that their network capacity is much less developed than in Europe where the 3G network capability is being built since 2001-2002. So obviously the European network capacity is much better, allowing prices to be lower.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    kibitzerkibitzer Posts: 1,114member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smallwheels View Post

How Does One Measure Internet Usage? At home I have a DSL line and stream audio 24 hours per day except for when I'm watching videos. Is there a program or method I could use to determine just how much bandwidth I utilize?

Smallwheels

That's usually available by opening up your account information online at your Internet Service Provider's website. Many like Comcast display a running total of their customers' usage during the billing cycle. There are two ways with an iPad 3G. One is to log in to your customer account with AT&T. The other is to open Settings > General > Usage and see the sent and received statistics under Cellular Network Data. This is cumulative however and must be reset manually if you want to measure periodic usage.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    noirdesirnoirdesir Posts: 1,027member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smallwheels View Post

How Does One Measure Internet Usage? At home I have a DSL line and stream audio 24 hours per day except for when I'm watching videos. Is there a program or method I could use to determine just how much bandwidth I utilize?

If you have no internal network usage (like backing up to a Time Capsule), the Network tab in Activity Monitor will show you the accumulated network usage since the last reboot (or login?).