Very important question about the battery of macbookpro 13 inch

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have bought a macbookpro 13 inch last week.

I got a very important question and I didn't find the answer in the forum.

to recharge the battery, I have to wait till the battery gets empty completely or it doesn't matter ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    dayrobotdayrobot Posts: 133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amir_hma View Post

I have bought a macbookpro 13 inch last week.

I got a very important question and I didn't find the answer in the forum.

to recharge the battery, I have to wait till the battery gets empty completely or it doesn't matter ?

If it's lithium ion, then you have to let it drain. If it's lithium polymer, it is best to keep it topped up all the time. Google and see what type it is.

Dan
  • Reply 2 of 4
    amir_hmaamir_hma Posts: 3member
    thank you so much,

I think it's lithium polymer.

It is macbookpro 13 inch 2010 . the latest model by apple.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    expat_NYCexpat_NYC Posts: 2member
    I'd appreciate some group guidance.

I purchased a mid-2019 MBP 13.3" with 16GB RAM and 256SSD in August and shortly afterwards got a new role wherein I did not need the machine. It has remained unopened since purchase, complete with cellophane wrapper and I've been considering selling it but had no luck on eBay (scammers). I will be freelance again from end of May and am tempted by both the new hi-spec Air and the new 2020 MBP with better keyboard.

Would you advise to try to sell/trade the brand new boxed 2019 MBP in preference for the new model or do you think that the differences are not enough to warrant the loss of money on the trade-in? For completeness, I have an external (wired) apple extended keyboard that is maybe 5/6 years old that I could use with the 2019 machine when I'm in my home office.

Your thoughts are welcomed.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    expat_NYCexpat_NYC Posts: 2member
    Apologies, wrong thread. newbies huh!