Where's all the iPad apps?

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
I realize that the iPad is totally new and a lot of developers are small but I was really hoping for a lot more apps, especially more budget apps etc. being ready for the iPad.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Haven't gotten my iPad yet so I'm not looking too hard, yet, but I went to the iTunes store and searched "iPad" and came up with a rather nice list.

With the thing selling as well as it is, more will be coming out fairly soon. Lots more as there is money to be had.

What kind of "budget app" are you after? Maybe a developer will read this and make it, you never know.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    tutumiles1tutumiles1 Posts: 115member
    I agree the number of apps available are small. I am hoping with a little time, this will be corrected. I am patient because I do not know what it takes to increase the size from iPhone to iPad.. I anxiously await more apps..
  • Reply 3 of 6
  • Reply 4 of 6
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    To be honest, I've been pleasantly surprised at the iPad apps. While there aren't as many excellent free apps compared to the iPhone apps, the paid iPad apps are quite good.

I think there is a decent range, but I have quite high standards, so only paid apps which do the job for me, with about 3.5 or 4 stars or higher, so far, are worth considering.

I have bought Penultimate, Note Taker HD ~ these to be used with Pogo stylus; Zinio is decent for browsing (haven't bought any magazines yet, just looking through samples); Monkey Island 2 SE for iPad; Qvik Sketch; Deliveries; Evernote(this is free, I recommend it); NightStand HD; Tuner; Clock Pro HD.

iPad is really revolutionary, I'm sure developers are coming to grips with what you can really do with it. Keep your hopes up...!
  • Reply 5 of 6
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tutumiles1 View Post

I agree the number of apps available are small. I am hoping with a little time, this will be corrected. I am patient because I do not know what it takes to increase the size from iPhone to iPad.. I anxiously await more apps..

We are only at the very, very beginning. By the end of the year when Apple has 18 million iPads sold (3 million x 6 months)... Boy... 18 million in 6 months! Imagine, it will really be a formidable, new computing platform. If Apple could ramp up their production enough, we could be looking at about 20 million iPads sold in 2010.

So, plenty of incentive for Apple and third-party developers to truly deliver some great apps and user experience.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    They'll come out don't worry... I think they'll be more of the practical kind of apps though and less games. But I'm sure in a years time there will be more apps for the ipad then for the iphone.