Working at Apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apologies if this has been covered before (I couldn't find anything appropriate using the search functionality).

I'll be joining Apple in about 6 weeks (very long notice period from current employer) and wanted to find out a bit more about the firm, outside of what has been rehearsed to me during interviews.

I know there is a code of secrecy regarding mentioning working for Apple, so if you want to private message me that'd be cool.

Does any one have any info on what the career development is like? Say for instance I've been hired into a marketing role, is there any way to move into a product management role in a few years?

Also, what's the salary progression like (rough figures for annual %age salary increase) and when are bonuses paid?

When I got the offer, I was (and still am to a degree) ecstatic, however, I've read a couple of reviews on glassdoor.com and a few of the emergent general themes are slightly troubling (long hours with no recognition, no/minimal career development, politics)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tobir View Post

... a few of the emergent general themes are slightly troubling (long hours with no recognition, no/minimal career development, politics)

Thanks

That sounds like every other corporate job you might find. That's simply "par for the course" in a large corporation. Lots of low-level employees vying for very few available promotions. You have to really stand out, or be really good at "politics" to move up. (or preferably both.)