Update Clear of Issues?? You sure?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Dreamweaver CS3 and CS4 on an iMac and a MacPro has all but stopped working since yesterday when I accepted this Java update Apple insisted on for security issues for one thing.

I don't know what it improved but it sure seems to have stopped Dreamweaver dead in its tracks.

I had a project that I had been working on for days on my iMac with CS3 and the latest Snow Leopard. After the update from Apple on the 18th or 19th of May when I accepted it I discovered that I could not save the slightest code changes in Dreamweaver. I forcequit over and over.

I moved to my new MacPro with 2 4-quad processors and 12 GB memory where I had a fresh install of Dreamweaver CS 4. But when I fired it up it noted the OS X upgrade which was billed as chiefly a Java upgrade. I accepted.

When I tried to work in Dreamweaver CS 4 I had the same problems with CS 3 on my iMac.

It tok a full MINUTE for a page to load no matter how small the html file size. Then any change in the code or simply trying to switch from design to code view caused the spinning beach ball that finally, after minutes, sent me to forcequit where it confirmed Dreamweaver was hanging.

I have tried every remedy I saw online today, including doing a separate re-install of the JavaforMacOSX10.6Update2.pkg

The Java utility manager shows a 32 bit version and a 64 bit version but does not allow a Revert to the previous Java.

Has anyone heard of other problems?

It has been reported on Mac forums that people are having problems with networking, with images saving...etc.