Icons Size in the Dock Grid

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Is there a way to reduce the size of icons, in a folder's panel shown in the Dock ? What I mean is this : The icons in the Dock itself are okay, but when I click on the Apps folder which is standing in the Dock, its content is shown as a huge panel of large icons. The icon size is exagerated to my taste. I didn't found any options about this, in the Dock preferences control panel.

Can we change the icon size there ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kalikali Posts: 634member
    This is a neat trick in Terminal :

defaults write com.apple.dock use-new-list-stack -boolean yes; killall Dock

• Reply 2 of 3
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kali View Post

Is there a way to reduce the size of icons, in a folder's panel shown in the Dock ? What I mean is this : The icons in the Dock itself are okay, but when I click on the Apps folder which is standing in the Dock, its content is shown as a huge panel of large icons. The icon size is exagerated to my taste. I didn't found any options about this, in the Dock preferences control panel.

Can we change the icon size there ?

Control click on the folder in the dock, a menu will pop up and you can change from Grid to List or Automatic.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    YES!! Thank you Kali; Ive been surfing for this command for over a couple hours. That's one of the most useful and overlooked commands for stack control, imo (it's also impossible to find via web searching... I don't think many people are aware of it).