install from 10.2 to 10.4 failed

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Not sure if you can help on this or not. I bought an ibook g3 that was running 10.2 and went ahead and got 10.4 discs for it. I went ahead and began the install.

I got to disc 2 and it messed up. Now each time I boot the ibook it wants disc 2, when I give it disc 2, it gets to disc 3 and messes up again and can't get passed it. Is there any way I can completely restart the install process or roll back to 10.2? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wfpjr View Post

Not sure if you can help on this or not. I bought an ibook g3 that was running 10.2 and went ahead and got 10.4 discs for it. I went ahead and began the install.

I got to disc 2 and it messed up. Now each time I boot the ibook it wants disc 2, when I give it disc 2, it gets to disc 3 and messes up again and can't get passed it. Is there any way I can completely restart the install process or roll back to 10.2? Any help would be appreciated.

First off get the free program MacTracker and it will state how far with the OS you can go.

Depending upon that depends upon what you do next, but you should be able to boot directly off the first disk.

What that command is depends upon the model of machine. It could be just hold c while booting.