International Apple stores to open at 8 a.m. for iPad launch

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Apple retail stores overseas will open early on Friday, with the international launch of the iPad set to start when doors open at 8 a.m. local time across the globe.

Apple's regional websites for stores in the U.K, France, Canada, Germany, Australia, Italy, Japan, and Switzerland all indicate that they will open at 8 a.m. this Friday, May 28, for the international launch of the iPad. The device is also set to on sale in Spain, where Apple does not have any retail stores.

A retail purchase is likely the best option for customers who did not buy an iPad when preorders were first made available earlier this month. Since May 12, all new iPad preorders are not scheduled to ship until June.

The iPad will launch in a total of nine countries on May 28, with nine additional locations -- Austria, Belgium, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand and Singapore -- receiving their iPads in July. Apple has said it will announce dates for nine additional countries at a later date.

The international launch of the iPad was originally scheduled for late April, but Apple delayed it by a month due to stronger than expected demand of the device in the U.S. The iPad 3G has been largely sold out since it first went on sale in America and the end of April.

The first day of iPad 3G sales, on April 30, was enough to push the device past the 1 million milestone in the U.S. alone, with Apple reaching that many sales just 28 days after the hardware was introduced. Apple officials have admitted that they were caught off guard by the strong sales start of the new device.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    tumme-tottetumme-totte Posts: 147member
    Sweden, pleeease launch in Sweden very soon!
  • Reply 2 of 10
    stuffestuffe Posts: 394member
    Anyone got a delivery date on pre-orders with Apple in the UK yet? Who do they use for delivery, UPS?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Bondi Australia

http://www.apple.com/au/retail/bondi/

I'm feeling a bit off colour, might not make it to work on Friday.

I got to play around with a couple today at CEBIT in Sydney at a newspaper publishers stand and a magazine publishers stand.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    cmf2cmf2 Posts: 1,427member
    Not only is the iPad launching on the 28th, Edmonton is getting its second Apple store. Not sure how I'm supposed to get one of the free t-shirts when I'm at work though.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    I sincerely hope there's no in-store stock of iPad come the official launch day when those who pre-ordered haven't got any shipping notification with only 3 days to go.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    stuffestuffe Posts: 394member
    Mine shipped 4 days ago, allegedly, but no delivery details (consignment number, courier etc)
  • Reply 7 of 10
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    We are almost there... !!!

Can't wait. Spent much of this evening looking for apps to install. Might be able to get the day off Friday... fingers crossed.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    kovichkovich Posts: 43member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Bondi Australia

http://www.apple.com/au/retail/bondi/

I'm feeling a bit off colour, might not make it to work on Friday.

I got to play around with a couple today at CEBIT in Sydney at a newspaper publishers stand and a magazine publishers stand.

I have to say you do look very unwell. I would recommend you take Friday off to recover
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Just over 36 hours to go.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    13 hours to go here in Japan.