This year's NCAA sucks!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Pretty much this has beena tournament which has produced winners which I neither predicted nor like too much. Cincinnati choking again, like always, to UCLA. Gonzaga screwing my bracket by losing to Wyoming first-round (had them in the regional final), Ohio State bowing out, Duke losing, Marquette losing first round, Kansas winning...........it just sucks.

Some of those results I blame on the TERRIBLE seeding job done by the tournament selection commitee. If Gonzaga hadnt been given a 6 seed they wouldve palyed a team a lot worse than Wyoming (can we say reversal of fortunes with Wyoming as a dark horse that could upset somebody?) they probably might still be playing. I think they were just so shocked and upset about their seeding and it translated to horrible shooting in the NCAA.

Also, UCLA had to be the best 8th seed. This is a team that was ranked like 4th in the preseason and Cincy had to take them 2nd round. That's pretty tough. Missouri was ranked very high in the beginning of the season and was a 12 seed in the tourney.

Two things I'm happy about were Kent State & Southern Illinois. In my bracket, I had Kent State making the Elite Eight and losing to Duke. I also had SIU taking out Texas Tech, Georgia, and them bowing out to UCONN. At least I had that right. It sucks that KSU couldnt make the final four like I thought after seeing Duke lose. I felt like they would be there. I knew about this team a lot and the MAC is a good conference. This team knew how to win and unfortunately ran into a 3 pt barage last night. Damn, Ive never seen shooting like that. Gotta give IU credit even though I hate them (This is not racist, but Mike Davis cant even speak proper English). Stan Heath was a great coach and did a great job. Huffman is a class act. I hope he gets drafted.

Also, the final four consists sucks. I dont like Kansas and was hoping theyd lose early. I saw them roll the Oregon Fighting Whities today (Ducks ). Man, those Luke pot-heads can ball. Frederick Jones gets you out of your seat with some of his plays. I liked how they played.

My teams never win. It's always disappointment. I hate it. For once can't I get my wish?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    GO Jayhawks!!!

• Reply 2 of 14
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Jayhawks have too many white boys.
  • Reply 3 of 14

Nah, the other teams have too many black boys.

Are you saying you don't like the Jayhawks because the color of the player's skin? neato. racism.

Anyways, I wouldn't worry too much tiger. If I know my Jayhawks, they'll screw up anytime now. They always have a strong team. Roy Williams is a damn good coach. If you want to be a star, don't play for the hawks. It's all about team effort under Roy.

Hmmm....maybe that's why there's too many white boys?

[ 03-24-2002: Message edited by: seb ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 14
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    I hate Kansas for another reason-two of those white boys (Heinrick and Collison) should have never left the Cyclone State!

That, and I've never forgiven them for unleashing history's most annoying player ever, Jarod Haase.

Jeff
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Yeah, but we also have a cool history.

The inventor of basketball, <a href="http://kuathletics.com/mensbasketball/alumni/mbb_naismith.html"; target="_blank">James Naismith</a>, was our first coach 103 years ago.

Plus, we've got <a href="http://kuathletics.com/mensbasketball/alumni/mbbnaismithhof.html"; target="_blank">more Naismith Hall of Famers</a> than any other Division I school. Including Wilt Chamberlain.

Unfortunately, we've only one a handful of titles, about a half dozen runner ups and a few Final Four finishes. But going to a game at Naismith Hall (not the hall of fame) in Lawrence is as rich a tradition in basketball as you're going to find. You feel it when you walk into the place.

Haas is a dork.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    I'll grudingly concede "Roooock Chaaaaaalk Jayhawk!" is maybe the coolest chant in sports. It makes my skin crawl, for the right reasons.

Jeff
  • Reply 7 of 14
    I still say the GOLDEN FLASHES are some ballers. Mid majors all the way. Forget the other teams.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Eh. Maryland is going all the way. So that makes it a good tournament from my perspective.

Kansas has QUICK white boys. If you want to see traditional white boy ball, come to a Princeton game. I'm sure there are times where you've wondered if any team could possibly wear out the shot clock. . . Our game involves standing around the 3 point line until the defending team just loses concentration entirely. That and a disgusting amount of heckling from the crowd.

Of course, Kansas beat the crap out of us earlier this year, but that's because they had been warned. . . When we beat UCLA in the tourney several years ago (42-41 ) opposing teams started to put NoDoze in the water.

[ 03-24-2002: Message edited by: Splinemodel ]</p>
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Oh, man I LOVE watching Princeton.

Motion, screens, back cuts- that's basketball at it's most beautiful!

When ol' Pete left I was afraid they would change! I'll never forget first round-'Zo led G'town scared to death, and Vitale wearing a Princeton sweater after the game!

Jeff
  • Reply 10 of 14
    luckylucky Posts: 50member
    This year's NCAA is great. Upsets are exciting! Who wants a tournament where every game can be predicted by the seed number? Thats recockulous.

[quote]Some of those results I blame on the TERRIBLE seeding job done by the tournament selection commitee. If Gonzaga hadnt been given a 6 seed they wouldve palyed a team a lot worse than Wyoming (can we say reversal of fortunes with Wyoming as a dark horse that could upset somebody?) they probably might still be playing<hr></blockquote> The only people responsible for Gonzaga's loss are Gonzaga's players. If they were so great they should have no trouble trouble knocking off an 11. That's what happens what you shoot 30% I guess

And Duke losing was the happiest event for me in a month. I ****ing hate Duke.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>It's always disappointment. I hate it. For once can't I get my wish?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do what I do to avoid the NCAA doldrums...watch the NHL instead!

• Reply 12 of 14
    I think you mean the Hawkeye state.

[quote]Originally posted by jeffyboy:

<strong>I hate Kansas for another reason-two of those white boys (Heinrick and Collison) should have never left the Cyclone State!

That, and I've never forgiven them for unleashing history's most annoying player ever, Jarod Haase.

Jeff</strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 13 of 14
    [quote]Originally posted by Lucky:

<strong>This year's NCAA is great. </strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree. This year's tournament has been full of great games. They've been showing us why college basketball is still the best game in town.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    Oh I know I love upsets too. I picked Southern Illinois Salukis to lose to UConn in the Sweet 16 & I picked Kent State to make it to the Elite Eight. Unfortunately I had them against Duke. I had Creighton over Florida (always go with Creighton and Missouri Valley Conference teams, they are good) and thought Missouri would do damage.

I agree on Gonzaga, but you have to look at it this way. Give them the seeding they deserved (a 3 or 4 at the lowest) and they wouldve played a much less dangerous team in a 14 or 13 seed. Instead, at 11 Wyoming was a good team, and playing the role that Gonzaga had been in the previous years. I kinda expected it to be hones, but I still picked them. They just seemed really shocked and looked as if their puppy had been taken away from them when they saw a 6 seed on selection Sunday. Cant expect to beat anyone when you dont even shoot 30%, and Wyoming wanted it.

I love Princeton! Back door baby! I was watching ESPN Classic the other and they showed the Princeton vs. UCLA first round game from 96 in Pete Carill's final season. They won on none other than a back door. That was the team with Goodrich Lewelis etc.

I prefer mid-majors. It was great watching Kent State make their run, but Im sad it had to stop. Trevor Huffman is a class act. That whole team is. Stan Heath is a great coach and cool guy. One thing that sucks is whenever you are a quote on quote mid major program and start winning have an incredible season, the big boys lure the coach away. I switch to ESPN News today and they showed the press conference of Stan Heath being announced the new basketball coach at Arkansas. That sucks, but I realize its inevitable. I think he'll do a great job and will support him. If anybody is an Arkansas fan, I can tell you are getting a class act with Stan Heath.

March Madness is the greatest sports event. Nuff said.