iPad Apps

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
This thread is for anybody who wishes to post a review to help others make their choices.

Hope lots of people will contribute.

I'll post my first reviews over the weekend as I don't get my iPad until Friday. I plan on getting the iWork apps, Todo for iPad, Scrabble, iBooks (though there likely won't be many books available here in Japan), Sketchbook Pro, TouchPad, others...)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    tutumiles1tutumiles1 Posts: 115member
    you have got to get Keynote if you do presentations. Its amazing. Bento is good on iPad. MyLists, Pandora, Thomson Reuters, Notes. I enjoy my iPad and you will not be sorry.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Well I have read more about iPad application's positively. As I heared that there is a lot of question regarding the iPads benefit to the professional world. The Apple approved application will allow users to utilize their iPad, as well as their smaller iDevices. This has the potential to be useful in both personal and professional worlds.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    While I greatly enjoy my iPad and about 6 - 12 iPad apps, there has been a staggeringly slow rate of killer iPad apps in the App Store. I keep checking it, and keep seeing new crap, and not much in the way of great new apps.

Perhaps some devs want to keep their ideas until there are 5-10 million iPads in the wild, so they can capitalize quickly, and not lose to some copy cat down the road.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    I'm looking for a decent digital voice recorder. I downloaded QuickVoice, but even the pay version has a 20mb limit on file size (about 20-25 minutes at the lowest quality), uses the .caf file format, which can't be imported into iTunes, and files have to be e-mailed. Any suggestions?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

I'm looking for a decent digital voice recorder. I downloaded QuickVoice, but even the pay version has a 20mb limit on file size (about 20-25 minutes at the lowest quality), uses the .caf file format, which can't be imported into iTunes, and files have to be e-mailed. Any suggestions?

I have a couple on my iPhone that work great... I'll try them on the iPad in the next couple of days to see how they do. I mostly record short bits, though...
  • Reply 6 of 10
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Actually, I'll just start a new one in the right forum.

To go to that thread, click here:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...70#post1641870
  • Reply 7 of 10
    mrochestermrochester Posts: 700member
    That Reuters app is buggy as hell and crashes a lot. Don't know how it ever made it to the app store!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Newsy is perhaps the best written app for the iPad to date.
  • Reply 9 of 10

My favorite apps for iPad are Flipboard and FlySmacker!

• Reply 10 of 10

Booking flights, reserving a hotel, asking for directions, we have so much to deal with when traveling abroad. But it attracts us so much to travel the world. Fortunately, we have so many helpful applications. Apps for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch almost related to every aspect we can imagine, and they ensure us an enjoyable journey.

1. Kayak

Easy to search for flights, hotels and car rentals, Kayak is one of Apple’s most popular iPhone travel app.

Cost: Free

Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.  Requires iOS 4.0 or later.

2. Urbanspoon

Find local eats and near-by restaurants by your Apple device. Urbanspoon uses GPS to pick popular restaurants local to your neighborhood.

Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.  Requires iOS 3.0 or later.

3. iStone Travel Translation App

English or other foreign languages is not good? Then iStone Travel Translation App, a voiced multi-language translation app could be your assistant.

Languages:

English, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Arabic and Thai.

Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.  Requires iOS 5.1.