Jet Li vs Wesley Snipes

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Who wins? Both are formally trained but Jet Li has a distinct advantage of most likely the best teachers this world has to offer. Snipes has a big size advantage. Li...a speed advantage.

My guess is- Martial Arts only- Li wins due to superior training and speed.

Anything Goes- Snipes wins because of his size advantage.

Going to see Blade II tomorrow..should be fun.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    How about either of them versus Jeff Speakman?
  • Reply 2 of 15
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    How about those 3 v. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Dude, everyone knows that the TMNT crew doesn't exist. Now how about those three versus Predator?
  • Reply 4 of 15
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Considering that Jet Li is a real, true Kung Fu master, who spent almost his entire pre-hollywood life training all day, I'd have to say that he would win, regardless of the situation.

When people spend thousands of years stewing over the best way to kill using one's bare hands, I would be a bit cautious to go up against a master of these techniques.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Any of the Ultimate figting guys over anybody mentioned there. Also, any of the top heavyweight boxers, and shoot fighters. These actors are experts at making stuff look pretty: they're as much interpretive dancers as they are fighters. Compared to the average punk on the street they certainly can kick some ass, but compared to any number of real fighters, they'd get a quick lesson in pain.

[ 03-30-2002: Message edited by: Matsu ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 15
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>Any of the Ultimate figting guys over anybody mentioned there. Also, any of the top heavyweight boxers, and shoot fighters. These actors are experts at making stuff look pretty: they're as much intrpretive ancers as they are fighters. Compared to the average punk on the street they certainly can kick some ass, but compared to any number of real fighters, they'd get a quick lesson in pain.</strong><hr></blockquote>

From what I've been told, Jet Li's acting career came after the years and years of Kung Fu. Though it would be interesting to see how an Ultimate Fighter would handle it. Usually the winner of the UFC is some guy that just bum rushes the opponent, smothers him, and then pummels with blows, goes for the choke hold, etc. It's not exactly a good way to fight more than one person, but for regulated one-on-one it seems to work the best.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]

<strong>When people spend thousands of years stewing over the best way to kill using one's bare hands, I would be a bit cautious to go up against a master of these techniques.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's why we have shotguns.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    jet li v. navy seal = dead jet li
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Dude, any one who has seen The One knows that Jet Li would win, he is the one... wait.. no... there is two... so is he the two?

Neither can act worth shit, but id say that in a fight Jet Li due to his background. Of course I bet that Jackie Chan could kick his ass

(actually Jacky Chan would probably loose since hes more of a stuntman than a fighter).
  • Reply 10 of 15
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>jet li v. navy seal = dead jet li</strong><hr></blockquote>

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I don't know about Jet Li, but I do know Bruce Lee was a serious badass.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    bullets v. bad-ass == dead bad-ass
  • Reply 12 of 15
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    In his hayday, Gordie Howe woulda kicked the crap out of all of them!
  • Reply 13 of 15
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs ™:

<strong>In his hayday, Gordie Howe woulda kicked the crap out of all of them! </strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah! Or Red Grange!!
  • Reply 14 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by groverat:

<strong>bullets v. bad-ass == dead bad-ass</strong><hr></blockquote>

Uh, what if they both had guns?
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Bruce Lee was insane. However Jet lee is not...