iPhone wouldn't sync with iTunes on Mac

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have iPhone 3GS, it is 3.1.3, and it works perfectly. It was 3.1.2 when I noticed the problem. I have a MacBook Pro and I have Windows 7 on Boot Camp and Mac OS X. One day I just connected my iPhone to my dock and it wouldn't sync with the Mac. Tried again ... no. I put it in Safe Mode ... Hold the power and home button for 5-10 seconds and it shows the Apple logo on the screen. Then waited around 10 minutes while connected to the Mac and came back with all the things that were in the phone(contacts, calendar events, apps and etc.) I put it on the Windows and I updated it to 3.1.3 and lost all the data on the phone. And I have it backed-up on the Mac. Now every time I connect it to the Mac it doesn't even make the sound that says there is a device connected. It doesn't appear in iTunes, neither on the desktop.

And now the phone sync's with the Windows but it doesn't on the Mac. And I put my iPod nano on the Mac it syncs fine. And the my 2 year-old iPod nano, it syncs perfectly. Tried changing the USB Cables. And it still doesn't.

Please help me and tell me how can I sync my phone and how can I make it work again. Because all the contacts, emails and calendar events are backed up on the Mac, and all my music is on the Mac, I don't have anything on the Windows. So please tell me how to make it work. Tell me what should I do.

Thank you! If you don't understand anything, just tell me and I will correct it or make it clear, so that you can help me, thank you!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    You have it synced to the Windows machine. It seems that's working as advertised?

You can only have the phone synced to one device. It sees Windows/Bootcamp as a different machine than OSX. (that's normal/necessary)

To sync it with OSX, you'll have to restore the phone, then start over again FROM WITHIN OSX. And then you'll not be able to sync it in Windows (unless you start over again).