Bad OS 10.4.11? help fixing it

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I run a pre intel mac mini (need classic) OS 10.4.11 that is about 5 years old. I also have a miniStack V2 external hard Drive that has 400GB.

Up till recently both have work fine with never an issue...I first started to have problems while making movies in iMovie 6.0.3 where it would not capture the video clip and found that using the fire wire cable in the mini worked the best...but the I got the message that I was "running dangerously low on disk space" I have 57GB left on the mini out of 100GB and 48GB left ot of 400GB on the miniStack...so as far as I see I am not running low on HD space on both computers...then while playing back a movie project in iMovie the computer just froze...it did this several times...was not able to force quit...then when shutting down for the night the mini does not shut down...I just got Diskwarrior and it still does the same...

It do I need to re-install OS 10.4.11...I Do not want to loose what I have on the mini so how can I do this and save all?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    spotonspoton Posts: 645member
    Could be a failing or corrupted OS or a failing hard drive.

I would use a another Mac and boot into Firewire target disk mode and grab what I could before it goes.