iPhone 4 sighting in New York

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I put this in another thread, but I figure it might be a big deal.

Although I don't see the point in the 4th Gen iPhone being released with Verizon with the impending change to 4G (LTE) I just wanted to share that I was driving in midtown Manhattan today when I noticed someone in the back seat of a car next to me who had 4 iPhone 4s in holders stuck to the side window with the goose necks bent down so that nobody on that side of the car could see them from outside. I let down my window and spoke to the driver of the car and said "4 iPhone 4s, that's a lot." The driver looked rather shocked and said "We're testing them" To which I said "Who for?" He didn't appear to know what to say and looked over his shoulder at the person in the back who was glaring at him. He didn't say anything else and hurridly made a right to get out of traffic. As the car turned right I saw a glimpse of the screen of the laptop that the person in the back who was looking at the iPhone 4s had on his lap. I saw what appeared to be a Verizon logo, and noted that the car had Pennsylvania plates as it sped back towards the entrance of the Lincoln Tunnel from 9th Avenue. I just got home and did a google search and I think I saw that the Verizon Wireless headquarters are outside Pittsburgh, PA.

I'm not sure if there is anything to these details, and nobody has to believe me. Maybe he was testing for AT&T. I was just a little shocked to see 4 iPhone 4s in the wild already.

Just my 2¢