should I wait

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hello

I am a pretty new poster and have a question for all those who care to help.

1) Is it better to avoid the hype and wait a bit before upgrading from my 3gs to the iphone 4?

They usually say it is better to avoid the first run of something so they can iron out the problems that show up, but would this apply to the iphone 4? The reason I ask is do you feel this is considered a drastically new item that will have inherent problems or simply a revision of the previous iphone that may have some problems that would be worked out with software updates?

Thanks for your input.

Adam

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abirozy View Post

Hello

I am a pretty new poster and have a question for all those who care to help.

1) Is it better to avoid the hype and wait a bit before upgrading from my 3gs to the iphone 4?

They usually say it is better to avoid the first run of something so they can iron out the problems that show up, but would this apply to the iphone 4? The reason I ask is do you feel this is considered a drastically new item that will have inherent problems or simply a revision of the previous iphone that may have some problems that would be worked out with software updates?

Thanks for your input.

Adam

I'm sure they've worked out the software bugs, it is the 4th version of this software. Hardware.... There's no way of knowing. I guess the A4 chip is doing good in the iPad. Also, it's apparent that this new iPhone has been tested for atleast a couple months seeing as how we had leaks of this product for awhile now. I'd say it's a safe investment. I'm sure next years physical design will be the same as well.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    redshirtredshirt Posts: 11member
    My 2 cents. 3Gs, you can hold off a bit unless you really want the video camera changes or the battery changes. Most of the other OS changes, you'll have on the 3Gs (multitasking, etc). If you had a 3g though, you'd probably want to upgrade because you'd see a substantial boost.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by abirozy View Post

Avoid the hype? Are you serious? The iPhone 4 is the best cell phone ever made. Standing in line to get one on the first day will make you one of the cool kids. That is your payoff for the time and money spent to get one.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I would just get one now. Quality will be great, and the phone looks to be near perfect. Getting it when it comes out is half the fun