iPhone 4 Reservation at Apple Store

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
So I pre-ordered/reserved an iPhone 4 from the Apple store and got a confirmation e-mail the day it happened. I've gotten nothing since then, which I wasn't expecting anyway......

Went to store yesterday and talked to someone there and was informed I should be getting an e-mail with an appointment time to come pick it up. Anyone know if this is true?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    thats how they response when they dont have a clear solution.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    That's interesting. I don't have any emails either. I was hoping to go at the least croweded time but honestly, I have no idea when that would be and I have no intentions of going right before closing. Maybe opening would be best?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by haveyoumetmark View Post

That's interesting. I don't have any emails either. I was hoping to go at the least croweded time but honestly, I have no idea when that would be and I have no intentions of going right before closing. Maybe opening would be best?

I hope you're kidding. There will be tons of people there that didn't pre-order and want one who are going to be there when the store opens.

My hope is to go around 10-11. It's late enough that the initial crowd will be gone, early enough that kids who want one or pre-ordered won't be up yet (sleeping in during summer) and I can probably get in/out of the mall before traffic gets bad.

I'm also taking the day off, which probably isn't an option for most people.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kernel843 View Post

So I pre-ordered/reserved an iPhone 4 from the Apple store and got a confirmation e-mail the day it happened. I've gotten nothing since then, which I wasn't expecting anyway......

Went to store yesterday and talked to someone there and was informed I should be getting an e-mail with an appointment time to come pick it up. Anyone know if this is true?

I just received a "Reminder" email from Apple concerning my reservation on Thursday. It's basically the same as the initial confirmation email with no additional information.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kernel843 View Post

I hope you're kidding. There will be tons of people there that didn't pre-order and want one who are going to be there when the store opens.

My hope is to go around 10-11. It's late enough that the initial crowd will be gone, early enough that kids who want one or pre-ordered won't be up yet (sleeping in during summer) and I can probably get in/out of the mall before traffic gets bad.

I'm also taking the day off, which probably isn't an option for most people.

The people that didn't pre-order will be in a separate line anyway. My logic is that those who pre-ordered won't lose sleep over it and just show up later on. 10-11 seems like a crowded hour at the mall to me. It's a big lunch hour for many morning shifts. I really haven't a clue when to go. Anytime on launch day will be ultimately crowded.