I'm going nuts.
I've been reading all of the threads here and can't get a realistic idea about what Apple is going to do. I realize this is all hoping and guessing but conservatively what can we expect towerwise by mid-Feb.? Basically, what is everyone's least expectation of what we will see in the tower line? I've got $2500 to blow on a new Mac and I'm not sure what the hell to do. I'd love a G5 but I'd settle for a 1ghz+ G4. I'm typing away on a souped up beige G3 and if I upgrade I want it to be fairly significant. Should I just get an older/refurb G4 to hold me till summer? I'm on a 19" monitor now so I don't think I can handle the iMac's 15" screen. If I could get used to the 15", I'd probably just get one of them and give it to my kids later if a G5 does come out this summer. I don't want to be one of those people that waits forever but I've got a feeling I should wait a little longer here. Thanks for any input.