Face Time: Anyone tried it out yet?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I am waiting on my friend to get home from work and get the phone activated and sync'd. Hopefully, he calls in a few but I was wanting to hear other people's experience with the device.

At least before tomorrow when all those "campers" get their iPhone 4. :P

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

I am waiting on my friend to get home from work and get the phone activated and sync'd. Hopefully, he calls in a few but I was wanting to hear other people's experience with the device.

At least before tomorrow when all those "campers" get their iPhone 4. :P

He made it home and got his phone up and running. FaceTime worked like a champ. You can even just face time dial without having to dial the cell number. Very neat. I would rate the quality as good as skype over DSL.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    My number one observation is that holding the phone in a normal fashion results in a very unflattering camera angle. Meaning, you're seen from below, with an emphasis on the underside of the chin and a view up the nostrils. The phone can be held higher and the camera angle looks good, but it is uncomfortable and awkward.

This isn't a comment on the iPhone in particular. Rather it seems like something inherent to handheld video conferencing.