Happy iPhone 4 user thread

nhtnht
Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Given the antenna thing has a lot of folks down i thought there should be at least one upbeat thread about the iPhone. I think it really is a nice device.

I really enjoy my new iPhone. I use Stanza when waiting around and the text is really nice now in comparison to my 3G. Movies seem a lot nicer too and I can read text from a full website in portrait mode.

I use a Sony Ericsson stereo BT headset that worked fine for iPod and phone but had a delay for movies. Works perfectly on the 4.

The camera is great...of course anything is pretty much better than the 3G. I've been playing with iMovie and it looks fun.

The only app that seems broken is CoPilot and the promise a fix.

And of course, it's teh snappy.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Love mine. It's an insane device. FaceTime'd walking out of the mall. It was surreal.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by haveyoumetmark View Post

Love mine. It's an insane device. FaceTime'd walking out of the mall. It was surreal.

Video calling? Welcome to 2002.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I find it funny that neither you nor Ireland have a iPhone 4 but are the two biggest negative posters about it.

There are some awesome Droid phones out. If the iPhone 4 sucks, folks will flock to VZW/Droid and both Apple and AT&T know this. I'm probably going to do some Android apps so either way it's good.

In the meantime, I really like my new iPhone, antenna and all.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Picked mine up quick on the way home from work. So far, I'm 100% satisfied. This is a great phone and runs seriously fast (compared to my old 3G).

One great thing is the ability to read websites without having to zoom in quite as much, if at all. The screen is staggeringly good.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

While I completely agree that video calls are nothing new, the same could be said of most features on the original iPhone. Windows Mobile, Palm, Blackberry and Symbian all had similar abilities to some degree. The real key to the iPhone's success was to make those features easier, better, or in most cases, both. It remains to be seen how facetime takes off.

I'm hoping that, since it's an open standard, it'll be adopted more widely which would be a win for all platforms.