Beyond good and evil

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    As with everything...two sides exists. Uncle Sam is both good and evil. The important thing is to recognize this and adjust accordingly.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    muther****er sounds jealous to me...

also sounds like he's never been here...

po' white trash,

cuss

p.s. overthrow 40 govts? that all? feh! welp australia... right after our cub scouts take control of canada for that bombing incident, we're gonna send 'em down undah!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Nice unattributed propaganda piece.

The "We will either carpet you in gold or carpet you in bombs." line was first introduced in the months following the 9/11 attacks and to this day has been attributed to different sources. (The original French "book" that had this line said that Dubya said it, then other propaganda pieces have it attributed to Oil Tycoons and now it's simply stated without attribution). It's a bunch of shit.

90% bullshit and 10% fact. Perfect fodder for "progressives".
  • Reply 4 of 8
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    There's no such thing as the government of the United States. There is only a group of people whom the rest of us Americans have decided to obey.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    [quote]Originally posted by cdhostage:

<strong>There's no such thing as the government of the United States. There is only a group of people whom the rest of us Americans have decided to obey.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I take it you don't vote.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I really admire your patriotism, but it is about time you guys realize that there is a lot of shit going on exclusively attributable to the American goverment. America is a great country indeed, but there is a rotten minority at the very top exploiting that greatness for some very dodgy business.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    noahjnoahj Posts: 4,503member
    [quote]Originally posted by warren2002:

<strong>I really admire your patriotism, but it is about time you guys realize that there is a lot of shit going on exclusively attributable to the American goverment. America is a great country indeed, but there is a rotten minority at the very top exploiting that greatness for some very dodgy business.</strong><hr></blockquote>

And you have what damning exidence that proves this? The article mentioned above? Keep trying. Any first hand evidence? Anything better than rumor and speculation? The American government is huge and I have no doubt that some very shady deals go on, but to just say generally that it is the rule rather than the exception is a bit much.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    xenuxenu Posts: 204member
    I take it you are ok with the atrocities mentioned in the article? The hypocrisy?

Pathetic.