iOS4 buggy with Mail etc?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have an iPhone3GS and have upgraded to iOS4. From the off I've had some problems with Mail. Initially emails are threaded and new emails arrive via push. However, after a while it will alert me that I have new email with the red number on the Mail icon and in the Inbox title but when I go to my inbox the new message(s) don't appear. Sometimes the last new message refuses to show as read as well. Furthermore, I've had instances in Messages in which the screen 'jumps' as though a new message has arrived when in fact it just leaves a large area of blank screen.

Anyone else had these issues?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    Yep. During first hours after having installed iOS4.0 on 3G it was exactly that. The s/w was also complaining about inability to move mail into some other mailbox.

Problems disappeared since then without having lifted my single finger. Looks like something might have been tweaked on mail servers.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Mine is still doing it though. Only seems to rectify itself after a sync with my computer and then after a few hours the problem recurs.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    ivan.rnn01ivan.rnn01 Posts: 1,822member
    I'm calling server or protocol issues.

When I delete mail from the particular mailbox it's nevertheless not removed from "All messages". The message is still perfectly available and unread there. When it's deleted from "All messages" iPhone needs to connect the server again and after that the mail is finally deleted from everywhere.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    mail now requires you to "send to folder" to delete instead of hitting trash can i have to select send to folder "trash" not elegant

delete should work, make the trash can work again

but overall, my 3g is slow to respond and open things, from photo's to opening apps to safari freeze and hangs.

is there a way to go back to last rendition before 4.0
  • Reply 5 of 8
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

mail now requires you to "send to folder" to delete instead of hitting trash can i have to select send to folder "trash" not elegant

delete should work, make the trash can work again

but overall, my 3g is slow to respond and open things, from photo's to opening apps to safari freeze and hangs.

is there a way to go back to last rendition before 4.0

I'm not sure what you're talking about here. Are you saying that if you are reading an email and tap the Trash icon it doesn't delete it? Because that still works for me. (I have a 3GS though.) Also, what if you're just looking at your inbox and you swipe the message? Do you get the Delete button on the right? Does it delete from there?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    message open, want to delete, push trash can and i get "archive" and "send to file"

so i have to click "send to file"--trash file

wtf

and if i have only one email to monitor then why do i have to have both files and folders open

both are gmail, unified if i need it,

maybe i need to find a way to go back to 3.x

tried to swipe when one I wanted to delete was in my inbox i get an "archive button" on right

and from that view i would just hit edit and select for delete
  • Reply 7 of 8
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

message open, want to delete, push trash can and i get "archive" and "send to file"

so i have to click "send to file"--trash file

wtf

and if i have only one email to monitor then why do i have to have both files and folders open

both are gmail, unified if i need it,

maybe i need to find a way to go back to 3.x

WTF, indeed! Not sure what to say. My 3GS upgraded to iOS 4 still deletes mail the same as it always did. Not sure why it would be different for a 3G iPhone.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I'm not having an issue with deleting messages, i'm having an issue with the Mail app notification telling me I have new messages, the Inbox title saying I have new messages eg. Inbox (1) only to click on the inbox and for there to be new messages. Yesterday it told me I had 8 new messages but none downloaded in spite of repeated manual mail checks. I had to wait to pick them up on my laptop. I have a hunch that whenever a new message comes in for a threaded conversation that's when the problem begins each time, until I sync manually with my iPhone dock. I have a 3GS by the way.