Mac Pro GeForce 8800 GT (urgent)

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hello - I have a gig on friday that needs RCA video out (...not working)!!

Has anyone has had success connecting a Mac Pro GeForce 8800GT to a projector/monitor using the DVI to RCA converter? I've attempted a number of times with both outs - to no avail.

I also can't use S-video, as the room full of televisions (awesome) only takes rca (lame...).

thanks...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    seek3rseek3r Posts: 179member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thereCanBeOnly1 View Post

Hello - I have a gig on friday that needs RCA video out (...not working)!!

Has anyone has had success connecting a Mac Pro GeForce 8800GT to a projector/monitor using the DVI to RCA converter? I've attempted a number of times with both outs - to no avail.

I also can't use S-video, as the room full of televisions (awesome) only takes rca (lame...).

thanks...

It worked last time I tried it, did you "detect displays" after plugging everything in?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by seek3r View Post

It worked last time I tried it, did you "detect displays" after plugging everything in?

definitely... just tried again also just tested the connector again with my mbp.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    seek3rseek3r Posts: 179member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thereCanBeOnly1 View Post

definitely... just tried again also just tested the connector again with my mbp.

honestly no idea what to tell you man.. you could do DVI--VGA adapter coupled with a VGA-->RCA adapter maybe?