Adding more memory to an iMac.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
How should I go about adding more memory to my 2008 iMac? I currently have 1gb and I would like to upgrade to 4-6gb, depending on the price. I've heard OWC is pretty good all around, but it appears to be that they're only compatible up to 2007 imacs, so I'm assuming that wouldn't work for my computer. What's a good, reliable, and cost-efficient brand that will be compatible for the computer I have? and how would I install it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aaabha View Post

How should I go about adding more memory to my 2008 iMac? I currently have 1gb and I would like to upgrade to 4-6gb, depending on the price. I've heard OWC is pretty good all around, but it appears to be that they're only compatible up to 2007 imacs, so I'm assuming that wouldn't work for my computer. What's a good, reliable, and cost-efficient brand that will be compatible for the computer I have? and how would I install it?

Crucial is good RAM. I've never had any issues and have used in an iMac and MBP. Its trivially easy to install in an iMac. Just go to Apple's website and you can get instructions there. It might take you five minutes to do once you get started.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    mysticmystic Posts: 514member
    You must have mis-read the web page try here:

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/apple/memory/iMac