Droid X actually self-destructs if you try to mod it

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/07/...try-to-mod-it/

I am an Android fan and advocate... and this _really_ pisses me off. You guys have had do endure a lot of iPhone bashing lately--- so I thought I'd give you a free target to make fun of.

On my Nexus One... there's just a happy dialog that warns me that if I install a custom OS my warranty would be voided.... "do you wish to continue yes/no?".

Buuuut lets me do what I want with my phone.

Putting a physical FUSE in your phone that bricks it if you trip "modification detectors" is utterly insane... boo motorola.

(p.s. why I'm on this site is because I like my Macbook. :P )

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by suzysatsuma View Post

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/07/...try-to-mod-it/

I am an Android fan and advocate... and this _really_ pisses me off. You guys have had do endure a lot of iPhone bashing lately--- so I thought I'd give you a free target to make fun of.

On my Nexus One... there's just a happy dialog that warns me that if I install a custom OS my warranty would be voided.... "do you wish to continue yes/no?".

Buuuut lets me do what I want with my phone.

Putting a physical FUSE in your phone that bricks it if you trip "modification detectors" is utterly insane... boo motorola.

(p.s. why I'm on this site is because I like my Macbook. :P )

I've got me a Nexus One recently, 2 days before Steve Jobs launched the iPhone 4, because the Nexus One beats the shit out of the iPhone 3GS (face-off), and because the iPhone 4 is not an option: it won't be available for sale here before September (and that's the optimistic view!).

That was 4 weeks ago, and I'm still laughing about what happened next with the iPhone 4!

BTW, I've been using Macs since 1985, and I am working on 3 Macs concurrently as we speak, so that many used to call me an Apple fanboy for years. I guess that will be much less now...