Apple to launch iPad in 9 more countries this Friday

Posted:
in iPad edited January 2014
Apple announced on Monday that the iPad will launch in Austria, Belgium, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand and Singapore this Friday, July 23.

The company said that customers will be able to purchase both the Wi-Fi-only and 3G-capable models of the iPad at all of Apple's retail stores and Apple Authorized resellers. Prices were not made available.

The company also said that the iPad "will roll out to many more countries later this year and Apple will announce availability and local pricing for these additional countries at a later date."

The iPad began its staggered debut in the U.S. on April 3, when the Wi-Fi-only model was made available. Later that month, the Wi-Fi + 3G model was also released stateside.

Production difficulties and demand for the iPad forced Apple to delay the international launch of its touchscreen tablet until May 28, when it went on sale in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the U.K. Monday's announcement of international expansion means Apple kept its announced July launch timeframe for the 9 new countries.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member
    Oops, sorry, wrong thread.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    kiweekiwee Posts: 102member
    Aargh..

No Sweden on the list..

I'm sick of waiting. When it comes here, you will have to think.. Hmm should I wait for the next model since it's only 3 weeks away.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    chaickachaicka Posts: 257member
    No Pre-Orders Yet... Probably won't be having pre-orders but direct orders on launch date instead.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Anything to take the heat off the iPhone story, even if it's only for five minutes.
  • Reply 5 of 22
    joe hsjoe hs Posts: 488member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Anything to take the heat off the iPhone story, even if it's only for five minutes.

Agreed. I thought only 0.55% even had an issue \
  • Reply 6 of 22
    joe hsjoe hs Posts: 488member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kiwee View Post

Aargh..

No Sweden on the list..

I'm sick of waiting. When it comes here, you will have to think.. Hmm should I wait for the next model since it's only 3 weeks away.

I thought it was already out in sweden...
  • Reply 7 of 22
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    I hope that Apple has made enough for a successful launch, but as it's still really hard to buy one in the UK I don't hold high hopes.
  • Reply 8 of 22
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilgto64 View Post

Oops, sorry, wrong thread.

It's a bad idea to jinx a thread in the first post.
  • Reply 9 of 22
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

It's a bad idea to jinx a thread in the first post.

It's the One Topic that Rules Us All.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    kiweekiwee Posts: 102member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe hs View Post

I thought it was already out in sweden...

nope..
  • Reply 11 of 22
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member
    Good I am so sick of hearing about the antenna issue, I timk ai should make a gutsy call and stop reporting on this whole moronic saga.
  • Reply 12 of 22
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    I have Greek friends who keep asking me when it will be available in Greece. I tell them they can buy here it now and take it to Greece, but they want to buy a "genuine" Greek market iPad. Everything would work fine as long as they avoid the 3G iPad. EU iPod chargers are available, or they can just charge from a USB port. What's the holdup, Apple?
  • Reply 13 of 22
    paulmjohnsonpaulmjohnson Posts: 1,380member
    I wonder how many they have sold now. They still seem to be sold out all over the place in the US.

The more I use my iPad, the happier I am with it, and everyone who has used mine ends up wanting one. This is going to be a killer product for Apple.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

I wonder how many they have sold now. They still seem to be sold out all over the place in the US.

The more I use my iPad, the happier I am with it, and everyone who has used mine ends up wanting one. This is going to be a killer product for Apple.

We should find out tomorrow how many have been sold.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    lostkiwilostkiwi Posts: 639member
    Quote:

I for one am unhappy that the iPad is coming to NZ because....

....well, actually the only reason I can think of I'd that I will be more tempted to push the credit limit and buy one!
  • Reply 16 of 22
    futuristicfuturistic Posts: 599member
    Sigh. Apple still is leaving the India market untapped. If only 1% of Indians bought Apple products, and 50% of Dutch people bought Apple products, India would still have Netherlands beat.

• Reply 17 of 22
    dick applebaumdick applebaum Posts: 12,527member
    Quote:

One analyst estimates 3.3 million iPads sold;

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/2...rnings-report/

Gee, it's nice to have a positive discussion about anything Apple.

• Reply 18 of 22
    myapplelovemyapplelove Posts: 1,515member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kolchak View Post

I have Greek friends who keep asking me when it will be available in Greece. I tell them they can buy here it now and take it to Greece, but they want to buy a "genuine" Greek market iPad. Everything would work fine as long as they avoid the 3G iPad. EU iPod chargers are available, or they can just charge from a USB port. What's the holdup, Apple?

I too have Greek friends, got them some ipads from the uk.

What's hardly understandable is why apple whilst already having a full ios Greek keyboard extension and text intelligence don't support Greek in already available ipads, what's the roll out have to do with any of this?
  • Reply 19 of 22
    sessamoidsessamoid Posts: 182member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Futuristic View Post

Sigh. Apple still is leaving the India market untapped. If only 1% of Indians bought Apple products, and 50% of Dutch people bought Apple products, India would still have Netherlands beat.

I suspect it is more likely that 50% of the Dutch can afford an iPad than 1% of Indians.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Gee, it's nice to have a positive discussion about anything Apple.

Good luck with that.