Screen Sharing always asks for a password? Even with keychain.

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Question: What is the point of telling Screen Sharing to "Remember this password in my keychain" if every time I go back to use it I have to retype the username and password?

This is becoming very frustrating.

Can someone please please please solve this for me? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Question: What is the point of telling Screen Sharing to "Remember this password in my keychain" if every time I go back to use it I have to retype the username and password?

This is becoming very frustrating.

Can someone please please please solve this for me? Thanks.

Insofar as I know, there is no way to actually tell Screen Sharing to remember login information. What you may have been able to do is to tell the OS to remember your login information for accessing files/folders on the remote machine ("Connect As..."). Screen Sharing is actually giving you access to the remote computer as if you were sitting in front of it. Consequently, Keychain won't be able to save your login details as you are actually working on the remote computer once inside the Screen Sharing window; you are no longer working on your local computer and, therefore, any information saved in Keychain on the local computer isn't actually accessible (nor should you really want it to be).