what new products did steve mean to say?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
"It was a phenomenal quarter that exceeded our expectations all around, including the most successful product launch in Apple's history with iPhone 4," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "iPad is off to a terrific start, more people are buying Macs than ever before, and we have amazing new products still to come this year."

mac pro?

cinematic display 30?

ipod touch?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Steve always says that.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anakin1992 View Post

mac pro?

cinematic display 30?

ipod touch?

If you visit the Apple Store, then you will find that those are all old products.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Steve always says that.

Yeah, but it keeps us drooling.

• Reply 4 of 5
    ajpriceajprice Posts: 320member
    Mac Pro - yes, probably using the new Intel stuff to get a 12 core processor machine.

Cinema Display - yes, a 27" iMac without the Mac, and/or a higher resolution 30" (4k?)

iPod touch - yes, refresh as an iPhone 4 without the phone (iPad processor, retina display, camera). Probably still with the 'iPod' metal back.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    That is the question.

The easy guesses:
    1. New Mac Pro. Note that I actually mean totally new here with everything redone.

2. Revised iMac.

3. Mac Mini update to AMD Fusion.

4. Touch with integrated iPhone hardware.

5. The entire line of iPods reimagined.

6. Apple TV running iOS.

The harder guesses:
    1. A mid sized Touch device with a screen that is somewhere in the 5 to 7 inch range.

2. A revised iPad. I'm thinking simple here like implementing the A4 with the extra RAM and maybe more Flash and possibly a FaceTime camera. some will say it is to soon but a minor upgrade would be just what iPad needs to run iOS 4.0 when it gets ported to the iPad.

3. XMac!!!! Come on now it had to be said. The timing is right as demand for Apple hardware has never been higher. the whole reason for XM is to support expansion in a low cost machine. That means at least 3 drive bays, more RAm than the Mini can hold and a better processor / GPU combo.

4. A real home server. The Mini Server is not the deal here at all. At the very least w need a box that can handle 5 drives and has the software support to easily RAID those drives. This could almost be an XMac with a low end processor and GPU. Note too that laptop drive bays would be fine with me. This is for home usage so speed is not the point, serving up media and other files is.

5. A new set of Apple monitors support 4K and having current TV tuning hardware. The idea is a monitor that can support multiple uses, especially in a studio.

6. A reimagined Mac Book AIR. That is an AIR that recovers from the excessive design over function that this product is famous for. That means at the very least fixing the port problem, adding the improved track pads from the other Mac Books, adding an SD port and other tweaks to keep it competive and broaden the user base.

7. Apple adds radio and broadcast TV tuning to some iPods. For radio we are talking FM and possibly AM. TV tuning should be standard digital broadcast in the USA. Going a step further I'd actually like to see a shortwave Radio with a Touch interface. Totally geek but that is something that has been spining in my mind for ages now.

8. iPad, Touch or X device for adverse conditions such as marine environments, field use and such. This would require a totally sealed device with a ruggd front screen. The front screen could be some of those new transparent aluminum ceramics the military is working with. I forget the IP clasifications for devices like this but ideally the device should be able to withstand being under 5 meters of water. It would be great for hiking, fishing and other outdoor pursuits beyond business use.

9. iBot. OK the industry is a little to immature but it would be ncie to see a comapny as creative as Apple slip into the Robitics field. Even if they have to take a billion or so and buy a robotics company.

10. Solar chargers for the iDevices. Or simply iDevices with built in solar supplmentation of power.

I could go on and on as obviously I don't know what Apple is up to. Some things here are a given others not so much so.