Youtube really slow

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Anyone else having trouble with youtube? Clips keep stopping for a little while with a spinning ball then continue. This started a monthago.

I am running the latest OSX version on a current Mac Mini with 4Gb RAM

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I had that for a while today. I was guessing some local network was hiccupping. Whatever it was, everything's back to normal now.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

I had that for a while today. I was guessing some local network was hiccupping. Whatever it was, everything's back to normal now.

It was happening for a few days. Maybe it will just go away or maybe there's an issue with Time Warner? Maybe I need a new cable modem
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by steve666 View Post

It was happening for a few days.

"Was"?

So it's not happening anymore?

Quote:

Maybe it will just go away or maybe there's an issue with Time Warner? Maybe I need a new cable modem

Who knows. But unless you changed something about your setup it is faaaar more likely that the hitch is with Youtube or some server, ISP, or network between Youtube and you, than it is with your gear.

The fact that it is not happening anymore now supports that. So I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

"Was"?

So it's not happening anymore?

Who knows. But unless you changed something about your setup it is faaaar more likely that the hitch is with Youtube or some server, ISP, or network between Youtube and you, than it is with your gear.

The fact that it is not happening anymore now supports that. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Sorry, meant to say it's been happening for a few days. It's still there.