"Warcraft III" Installer Crashing

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey there,

I've recently had that hankering for some classic Blizzard, as well all have had at one time or another. I've attempted to install both StarCraft and Warcraft III and I receive the error message "...installer quit unexpectedly.."

I did a search all over the internet and found some suggestions, repairing permissions etc..no luck.

I'm on a MacBook Pro running 10.5.8

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    cosimocosimo Posts: 27member
    If you own a retail and "genuine" copy of Warcraft III, this is what I recommend you to do.

Go to battle.net and register your copy by entering your serial. After that, from there you'll be able to download the mac client, which by the way will be already a Universal app so you won't need rosetta and is updated to almost the latest version.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post

If you own a retail and "genuine" copy of Warcraft III, this is what I recommend you to do.

Go to battle.net and register your copy by entering your serial. After that, from there you'll be able to download the mac client, which by the way will be already a Universal app so you won't need rosetta and is updated to almost the latest version.

Yep, this is the best option if you have your retail key. You can then redownload and install any time you need to.