"Dropbox"-like auto sync functionality for Google Docs

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'd like to have a folder on my computer such that whenever anything is dropped in it, the contents are automatically synchronized with Google Docs.

I'm mainly interested in this for the purposes of having access to Google Docs documents on my iPad and iPhone. (I primarily use Good Reader for this).

I've looked into DropBox, which solves part of the situation (namely the synchronization part), but not the Google Docs part.

Does anyone know of a solution for this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    chiachia Posts: 713member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Argelius View Post

I'd like to have a folder on my computer such that whenever anything is dropped in it, the contents are automatically synchronized with Google Docs.

I'm mainly interested in this for the purposes of having access to Google Docs documents on my iPad and iPhone. (I primarily use Good Reader for this).

I've looked into DropBox, which solves part of the situation (namely the synchronization part), but not the Google Docs part.

Thanks!

Take a look at Documents to Go by Dataviz on the app store or on their website www.dataviz.com

The premium edition offers the ability to sync either iPhone or iPad with Google Docs. It can also sync your docs with Dropbox or iDisk as well.

I have successfully used it to sync both an iPhone and iPad with Google Docs. You can sync with a Mac as well but I've noticed duplicates appear when I do that.

Nevertheless, I think this may be a good solution for you. Please let us know how you get on.

ChiA
  • Reply 2 of 6
    argeliusargelius Posts: 309member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChiA View Post

Take a look at Documents to Go by Dataviz on the app store or on their website www.dataviz.com

The premium edition offers the ability to sync either iPhone or iPad with Google Docs. It can also sync your docs with Dropbox or iDisk as well.

I have successfully used it to sync both an iPhone and iPad with Google Docs. You can sync with a Mac as well but I've noticed duplicates appear when I do that.

Nevertheless, I think this may be a good solution for you. Please let us know how you get on.

ChiA

Thanks for your help -- I'll definitely check that out!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Argelius View Post

Thanks!

We do exactly that. Insync is in private beta. Hit me for an invite at [email protected].

http://insynchq.com
  • Reply 4 of 6
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by terp View Post

We do exactly that. Insync is in private beta. Hit me for an invite at [email protected].

http://insynchq.com

wow was just going to recommend you guys. Nice work there...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChiA View Post

You can sync with a Mac as well but I've noticed duplicates appear when I do that.

If you created a macro/script (in Automator) ? that is to run automatically everytime you do a sync ? that removes those duplicates, you would be all set, wouldn't you?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I'm using http://gosyncapp.com and is like drop-box but using google docs.

Best thing is that they do not act as man-in-the-middle. This is, it is just an app between you and google, not sending your metadata to any other server as insync does (which I do not like to be honest)

regards