New Apple Retail Store in Barcelona [Picures]

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hello Guys. You would may know that Apple is opening a new Retail Store in Barcelona (Catalonia).

The sore will be ready for opening this September (in time for the holidays season) and several local newspaper are talking about it: (El Periódico)

The store is located in the first floor of (La Maquinista) a big department store in Barcelona.

I made two pictures and I'll be following the opening.

I am very excited to know that finally I'll have an Apple Store in my city!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Cool! I will be in Barcelona in September, hopefully it will have opened before 21st September
  • Reply 2 of 9
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Thanks and please keep us updated. I want to go to Spain so badly. Been to Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, UK, US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia (where I am now)... But not yet Spain.

Can I ask you, Cosimo or anyone else... In Barcelona, Valencia, and the Spanish countryside if I don't know Spanish is it easy to get around just speaking English? The thing is I am half-Chinese half-Indian, but I look Mexican/ Central American... When I was in the US all the Mexican immigrants always speak to me in Spanish... I'm worried in Spain everyone will always talk Spanish with me, and then I have to always say, like, Habla Ingles? <--- is this the right thing to say?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    cosimocosimo Posts: 27member
    Hi guys, I've been there again and now we can clearly see the apple logo + web address.

I think the store will be open in weeks. I took a video as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtg9eSrGn0I

When I was there taking pictures a guy from inside came out and was watching me all the time, making sure I wasn't about to take pictures inside those black walls.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    cosimocosimo Posts: 27member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Thanks and please keep us updated. I want to go to Spain so badly. Been to Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, UK, US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia (where I am now)... But not yet Spain.

Can I ask you, Cosimo or anyone else... In Barcelona, Valencia, and the Spanish countryside if I don't know Spanish is it easy to get around just speaking English? The thing is I am half-Chinese half-Indian, but I look Mexican/ Central American... When I was in the US all the Mexican immigrants always speak to me in Spanish... I'm worried in Spain everyone will always talk Spanish with me, and then I have to always say, like, Habla Ingles? <--- is this the right thing to say?

To answer your question I would say: First, remember, that in Barcelona the native and first legal language is Catalan (not Spanish). Spanish is spoken to everyone as well as is the language of the Spanish State. But here in Catalonia people really loves it's language, so if you learn some Catalan before coming here, (simple stuff like good morning: bon dia etc) people will love you. About english, I would say that you can hardly find anyone here that can understand it, unless you are in a specific tourist place like restaurants, hotels, etc.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Guys, today is inauguration day!

http://www.applesfera.com/apple/asi-...-puerta-grande

Finally!

• Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post

Here a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a33l7...layer_embedded

YAY! Awesome. 1st Apple official Store is Spain! Even the Apple ES website doesn't have it listed yet, they still list "show distributors"...!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post

To answer your question I would say: First, remember, that in Barcelona the native and first legal language is Catalan (not Spanish). Spanish is spoken to everyone as well as is the language of the Spanish State. But here in Catalonia people really loves it's language, so if you learn some Catalan before coming here, (simple stuff like good morning: bon dia etc) people will love you. About english, I would say that you can hardly find anyone here that can understand it, unless you are in a specific tourist place like restaurants, hotels, etc.

Thanks. Very, very useful information.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    This is the largest apple store in the world (inside a mall)

And here another cool video

http://www.applesfera.com/