Online dating service finds iPhone owners have more sex partners

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Owners of Apple's iPhone on average have more sex partners by age 30 than those who own other handsets, and the iPhone takes more attractive photos than competing smartphones, a survey of users of an online dating service has found.

This week, OK Cupid published the results of a wide-reaching poll of photos taken from the online dating service. As part of the survey, the site determined users' sexual activity by smartphone brand, based on the results of 9,785 people.

With a snapshot of 30-year-olds, male iPhone owners have an average of 10 sexual partners, while women reported an average of 12.3. That's well ahead of BlackBerry owners (8.1 partners for men, 8.8 for women) and devices that run Google's Android mobile operating system (6 partners for men, 6.1 for women).

Going beyond just a single age, the study found that iPhone users at any age between 18 and 40 have more sexual partners than Android or BlackBerry users.

The site also found that the type of camera used to take a user's picture helped to gauge their "attractiveness," as determined by users of the site. Most smartphone cameras had a negative effect on the attractiveness of the phone, but Apple's iPhone was one of the few smartphones found to produce more attractive photos.

For comparison, the Palm Pre, Android handsets, BlackBerrys, Windows Mobile Devices, and handsets from Samsung, LG, Motorola and Nokia all decreased photo attractiveness.

Last year, a study found that iPhone users were richer, younger, and perhaps even more productive at work than users of other smartphones. Compiled from 32,228 working U.S. adults in 2008, the survey found that iPhone users are more educated and affluent than users of other smartphones.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 132
    blastdoorblastdoor Posts: 3,280member
    No wonder Apple-haters are so frustrated and bitter.
  • Reply 2 of 132
    I thought it was Axe body lotion that got chicks.
  • Reply 3 of 132
    zindakozindako Posts: 468member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post

No wonder Apple-haters are so frustrated and bitter.

I was going to say that :-)
  • Reply 4 of 132
    Haha, iPhone users are players!
  • Reply 5 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElmCityWeb View Post

Haha, iPhone users are players!

or bigger liars.
  • Reply 6 of 132
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    I should cancel a plan to buy iPhone. I have more sex than I can handle right now.
  • Reply 7 of 132
    I would say:

A. Android users are far to young for sexual activities.

B. Blackberry users find it difficult to make love with a tie around their neck.

C. Well actually this explains it all.
  • Reply 8 of 132
    anonymouseanonymouse Posts: 6,860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

I should cancel a plan to buy iPhone. I have more sex than I can handle right now.

They mean with other people.
  • Reply 9 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Owners of Apple's iPhone on average have more sex partners by age 30 than those who own other handsets ...

Makes sense to me.

Conservative personalities statistically have less sex also, and Android appeals to that type of person by default. All the creative, liberal types will have an iPhone on average.
  • Reply 10 of 132
    hattighattig Posts: 860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Makes sense to me.

Conservative personalities statistically have less sex also, and Android appeals to that type of person by default. All the creative, liberal types will have an iPhone on average.

Erm. Android appeals to geekier types. Which explains the lower number of partners, especially earlier in life.

Blackberry and Windows Mobile appeals to conservatives.
  • Reply 11 of 132
    takeotakeo Posts: 446member
    That's it... I'm buying an iPhone! And some axe body spray for good measure.
  • Reply 12 of 132
    Note to self: Stay away from men with iPhones... the probability of them having an STD is statistically higher than other handhelds.

Sad, Palm isn't on this list. I wonder what having a Palm says about how I treat my hubby in the bedroom (he seems quite happy )
  • Reply 13 of 132
    kyle76kyle76 Posts: 54member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

They mean with other people.

There must be a joke about Palm in there somewhere, but damned if I can think of it.
  • Reply 14 of 132
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

All the creative, liberal types will have an iPhone on average.

I would agree. All creative people I know mostly use Apple products. I don't know why I stick with Windows for so long. Maybe I'm masochist.
  • Reply 15 of 132
    Next Question: Do iPhone owners also have more STD's than other smartphone owners?
  • Reply 16 of 132
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by camroidv27 View Post

Note to self: Stay away from men with iPhones... the probability of them having an STD is statistically higher than other handhelds.

Sad, Palm isn't on this list. I wonder what having a Palm says about how I treat my hubby in the bedroom (he seems quite happy )

I will resist with all of my might, responding to your inadvertent use of the word "palm" in the context of making your husband happy in the bedroom. Darn, I failed!
  • Reply 17 of 132
    benicebenice Posts: 382member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by camroidv27 View Post

It also highlights what's wrong with this poll in that it emphasizes the the number of sexual partners not the number of sexual interactions people have.
  • Reply 18 of 132
    wurm5150wurm5150 Posts: 763member
    I know...
  • Reply 19 of 132
    technically it's people whose pictures are taken by iPhones have more sexual partners than people whose pictures are taken by other phones, but I guess if you assume most smartphone users are taking pictures of themselves, then it works.
  • Reply 20 of 132
    No wonder the French love the iPhone.