Dates Wrong in iPhone?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi,

I have an iPhone 3GS with the latest iOS 4 installed this morning. I had run into a problem with future calender dates editing an appointment on the 28th Sept 2010. Still the same after this update.



I have traced the strange behavior of the dates to having two 25th's of september pushing the date wrong on the edit screen.



If you scroll down on the circle click screens to this date that is where it is present on my phone.



I did put a feed back item onto the website a couple of days ago, but wonder if anyone else has the same issue, or is it my phone?



I also ask as wondering if anyone out there has greater connections with apple direct than myself, never sure whether the information got through for a seemingly typo mistake if that is what it is? or is it a setting in my system that I am missing.

Many thanks...

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 13
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Can you be more clear as what you are doing? I've tried creating an event on Sept. 28th and then editing it, but only see one 25th. What exactly are the steps you're doing to create and edit this event where you see two 25ths of September?



    I also have a 3GS with iOS 4 installed.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Hi,

    on calender I edit an appointment, go to start/end to adjust date and time then use the scroll wheel selection to select say 'sat 25th Sept' at time and there are two Sat 25th sept to choose from.



    Every day after that time is one day out, selecting tues 28th Sept shows up as 29/09/10 in the 'starts' area of the screen.



    Thanks
  • Reply 3 of 13
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    That IS strange. I don't see that at all. Is it only one specific event that does this or do all events show this duplicate date when you adjust the date to Sept. 25th? If it's this one event only, what happens if you delete the event and recreate it?
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post


    That IS strange. I don't see that at all. Is it only one specific event that does this or do all events show this duplicate date when you adjust the date to Sept. 25th? If it's this one event only, what happens if you delete the event and recreate it?



    I have tried new ones and old ones and no difference. Re-booted from cold and installed the latest operating system. I even reset sync data incase it was somehow related.

    I agree StraNge...



    I would insert a screen shot if I knew how?
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Hi,

    have a look at this on the mobileme gallery..

    https://www.me.com/gallery/#100034/IMG_0218
  • Reply 6 of 13
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    I can't see your link. For whatever reason, it takes me to my MobileMe login.



    Anyway, the only thing I can think of is to try doing a Restore. Let it reinstall iOS 4, but before you actually restore your data, check the Calendar app and see if you see the same thing. If everything seems fine, then maybe rather than doing an actual restore from backup, you could try to just re-sync your data. (Maybe just your Calendar at first) However, you would loose a bunch of settings that you'd have to reset manually.



    I'm just wondering if something in your Calendar app has gotten corrupted in which case even if you do a restore, the corruption is getting put back on there from backup.



    Wish I could be more help. Maybe a Genius appointment if you are close to an Apple store?
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post


    I can't see your link. For whatever reason, it takes me to my MobileMe login.



    Anyway, the only thing I can think of is to try doing a Restore. Let it reinstall iOS 4, but before you actually restore your data, check the Calendar app and see if you see the same thing. If everything seems fine, then maybe rather than doing an actual restore from backup, you could try to just re-sync your data. (Maybe just your Calendar at first) However, you would loose a bunch of settings that you'd have to reset manually.



    I'm just wondering if something in your Calendar app has gotten corrupted in which case even if you do a restore, the corruption is getting put back on there from backup.



    Wish I could be more help. Maybe a Genius appointment if you are close to an Apple store?



    Hi, Thanks for your interest. I don't use the gallery but had a fiddle and got this for you to try, http://gallery.me.com/john.paul/100034 I tried it on firefox and seems to work.

    I have restored my calender after a sync reset, reset all the info on the cloud, but no change.



    I don't think there are genius bars in NZ, all the retail stores are like a franchise operation. I have spent reasonable money over the years, but as soon as they have the money they are not interested and send us off to independent repair places. It is just they have the displays and all the stock items.



    You are right the next step is likely a hard reset on the phone and reinstall of the iOS then update all from there. Sounds like a mission. Hope you can see the picture.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Yeah, saw the picture this time. I never doubted what you were seeing. Good luck with the resets. But see if the can recreate the problem AFTER you've reinstalled iOS4 but BEFORE you've restored from a backup. That should tell you if the problem is within the phone itself or the backup.



    You can also try reposting this problem in the Genius Bar section of this forum. Maybe someone else can help.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Hi,

    Well an update, I deleted all dates on the 25th, disabled birthday calenders, reset the isync again and finally restored to factory settings.

    When that had completed and before I restored from backup went and made an appointment and still had the two 25th's showing.

    I will try the genius bar as you suggested but am losing hope. Must be my phone. but am really struggling to see how to repair it. Thanks for listening.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Discover View Post


    Hi,

    Well an update, I deleted all dates on the 25th, disabled birthday calenders, reset the isync again and finally restored to factory settings.

    When that had completed and before I restored from backup went and made an appointment and still had the two 25th's showing.

    I will try the genius bar as you suggested but am losing hope. Must be my phone. but am really struggling to see how to repair it. Thanks for listening.



    Hi, I live in NZ as well and I am having the exact same problem. Did you figure out a solution to your problem?
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by koham View Post


    Hi, I live in NZ as well and I am having the exact same problem. Did you figure out a solution to your problem?



    Hi, No i didn't sorry. In the end after much resetting and resetting isync the problem has gone away. I have just checked for future dates into october Nov etc and I get no other double ups.



    I suspect its an operating system bug but may be a difficult one to locate. I'm not a programmer so this is only a guess.

    Best of luck.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,660member
    That does sound like a bug. If you have a minute, I would suggest going here and letting Apple know about it.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post


    That does sound like a bug. If you have a minute, I would suggest going here and letting Apple know about it.



    Hi, Thanks for the link. I have posted off to them will leave in their capable hands to review see if anything comes off it.
Sign In or Register to comment.