problem with tool bar

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
hey everyone I have a tool bar that must have came with a download on my macbook pro.

Can anyone here tell me how to get rid of it? Thanks pappy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pappy View Post

hey everyone I have a toll bar that must have came with a download on my macbook pro.

Can anyone here tell me how to get rid of it? Thanks pappy

If I am reading your question correctly try holding down the command key* and dragging it off the tool bar.

*showing my age as to me this is the open apple key. sigh.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    pappypappy Posts: 12member
    didn't work anything else? thank you by the way
  • Reply 3 of 11
    omegaomega Posts: 427member
    I wasn't 100% sure what you meant in original post. Is it something in your toolbar that you are not wanting? And if so, what is it for? If not, please clarify.

• Reply 4 of 11
    well what has happened is there is now an added tool bar with the original tool bar. I can't find it in the downloads but I am sure that is where it came from. sorry if I am not very clear. I think it is by ORYTE

pappy
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Jesus. Tool bar in WHAT PROGRAM!?
  • Reply 6 of 11
    I don't know my wife was on it when it happened. but I wish I could find it! I have looked through my downloads and don't see a tool bar there!
  • Reply 7 of 11
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    What application is the toolbar attached to? Safari? Mail? Or is it part of Finder itself?
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pappy View Post

I don't know my wife was on it when it happened. but I wish I could find it! I have looked through my downloads and don't see a tool bar there!

Where do you see this "tool bar" now? What does it look like? What are the tools in it? And most importantly, what application are you running when you see it? Can you post a screen shot?
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Where do you see this "tool bar" now? What does it look like? What are the tools in it? And most importantly, what application are you running when you see it? Can you post a screen shot?

the tool bar is with safari and is in between the address bar and the toolbar that has favorites.

the tool bar has translate ,define, wikipedia, cheapest gas locater,radio on it.

I AM NOT SURE WHERE IT CAME FROM BUT THIS IS WHAT IT STARTS WITH (Oryte) on the left hand side and when you click it a page of different options come up.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Follow these direction:

Step 1) Enter the Applications folder in Finder

Step 2) Enter the "Toolbars" folder

Step 3) Enter the toolbar name folder

Step 4) Run Uninstall

If you trashed the "Toolbars" folder try to recover it from the Trash Can.

If this fails click the far left arrow in the toolbar and choose "upgrade" from the drop-down menu. After upgrading all files will be installed again and you can follow the instructions above for removing the toolbar.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    GOT IT!! Thank you so much!!