inserting image into a posting

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
How do I insert an image into a discussion thread? I've seen images there and I see the "insert image" button but when I click on it a window opens up to insert my url. The image I want to use is not from the net but rather located on my desktop. Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but I am a newbee.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 6
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    To the best of my knowledge, AppleInsider doesn't allow direct image uploads. You'll have to upload your image to a photo gallery site such as PhotoBucket, ImageShack, or Flickr. Those sites will give you a URL that you can use on web forums like AppleInsider.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Thanks for that. I guess I'll have to decide if I want yet another "account" just to post the occasional picture. The pic I was going to use has all ready become irrelevant. haha ... but, thanks to you, I at least now know how to do it. Thanks again.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 14,213moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by newbee View Post


    I guess I'll have to decide if I want yet another "account" just to post the occasional picture.



    You don't need an account. I like tinypic.com and you just go to the home page, choose an image, hit upload and copy paste the link here - they even give you the formatted code for a forum.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    newbeenewbee Posts: 2,055member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post


    You don't need an account. I like tinypic.com and you just go to the home page, choose an image, hit upload and copy paste the link here - they even give you the formatted code for a forum.





    Cool, I'll try that.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    kareliakarelia Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by farhan naz View Post


    Hi....

    How do I insert an Image into a discussion thread? I've seen images there and I see the Insert image



    Rereading the posts in the very thread you're in would be the first place to start.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karelia View Post


    Rereading the posts in the very thread you're in would be the first place to start.



    Actually Karelia, If you reread both posts you would see that "naz" has just copied the original post. It's spam! The link is in the contact info.
Sign In or Register to comment.