Looking to upgrage 3G to 4... any reasons I should wait?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Hi- I'm planning on upgrading from my 3G to the new 4 in the next few weeks. Before I take the plunge- does anyone think I should try to wait till year end?

My poor little 3G's gotta cracked screen (for almost a yr now!) and the thing is slow as molasses. That said, it's not like I have to get a new one ASAP.

I'm wondering if Apple will be changing anything or modifying the 4 later this year. If there's a chance, then I'd rather wait... but I don't think my phone will last til June 2011.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    If your current iPhone works, wait as long as you can. There may be a new carrier or two by February of next year, if you're not satisfied with AT&T. And don't forget the case next time.

(Actually, if you're satisfied with AT&T, then buying before mid-September might be the best time, while Apple is giving away multiple types of cases, including some that do cover up the screen.)
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikemikeb View Post

If your current iPhone works, wait as long as you can. There may be a new carrier or two by February of next year, if you're not satisfied with AT&T. And don't forget the case next time.

(Actually, if you're satisfied with AT&T, then buying before mid-September might be the best time, while Apple is giving away multiple types of cases, including some that do cover up the screen.)

Thanks for your input! I have no issues w/ AT&T... actually, I really like their service here in Charlotte. I also have a corporate discount since the wife works at BofA.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    In that case I think it is the case that you were having a problem with. The case does seem useful at times of accident as in accidentally falling off from your hand. The case not only protects the phone but some of the stylish one also enhances its look.