My experience with SwitchEasy customer service

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
As SwitchEasy is known to make some cool looking products I wanted to share my experiace with their customer service department. (Short version, it SUCKS. )

I purchased from them a case for my iPhone 3g. I loved the case but after about two weeks the portion of the case next to the speaker just broke (was not droped it just broke.) I contacted them through their web site asking about the two year warranty The following are my email exchanges with them.

Quote:

5/12

Dear Customer,

We are really sorry about the defect, we are more than happy to

correct the problem with a replacement part or a new model.

Purchases made on www.SWITCHEASY.com

Please send

- Picture of the problem area

- Your Pay Pal Transaction id of your purchase (if you can?t find it

or your address is changed please send :

-Name

-Address:

- Item:

- Color:

If you have purchased your item NOT directly from www.switcheasy.com

(which means we have no record of your transaction) please send us the

following

- Proof of purchase

- Picture of the problem area

- Name

- Address

- Item:

- Color:

If you cant provide a picture ( iPhone, iTouch pictures do just fine )

you have no receipt of your purchase or you like a different color

instead you can send it back for a replacement

To:

Switcheasy

401 6th Street

San Francisco, CA 94102

Make sure you include a note inside:

?Replacement? and include your Name and Address.

Thank You,

Sounds good so I reply:

Quote:
5/15

Thank you so much. Here is the transaction # from paypal(purchased through your web site) 2************

and find attached the photo of the problem area.

To which they relply

Quote:
5/16

Delivery ******* *****

Address: **** * ******** ***

Tulsa OK *****-****

Tracking #: 9101010521297946306541

Weight: 0 lbs 2 oz

Refund Type: e/Refund

Memo: Black i-Clip

All sounds good right? Well 8 days later the tracking number is still showing scheduled for pickup so I drop them an email.

Quote:
5/23

I just wanted to check and see if this part got mailed. The USPS is showing that it was notified of an electronic pick up. Its been 8 days and I still have not recived it.

Thank you,

They come back with the part is on back order

Quote:
5/26

Sorry for the delay but it looks like we are back ordered on the

i-clips. We will send your replacement out as soon as it arrives in

stock.

Thanks,

SwitchEasy Team

To which I responded

Quote:
5/30

SwitchEasy Team,

It has been approximately three weeks since I first notified you of this issue, in the meantime my phone has been unprotected. You did not bother to let me know the part was on backorder, I had to contact you. You have not indicated in your previous message how long the replacement part is on backorder. If I can expect to receive the replacement part within fourteen days or less please let me know. If not please send a replacement model, (even if it is a different color) as per your original offer or, a full refund so that I my purchase a replacement myself.

Thank You,

While you can tell I was frustrated, I was respectful (I work retail so I did not want to be "that guy") I just wanted and ETA on how long it was going to take, or a replacement case as they had said they would do in the original email.

I then waited a MONTH with no reply and no replacement part or case. So I sent this.

Quote:
7/02

SwitchEasy Team,

It has now been almost two months from the time I first contacted you in regards to my defective capusleNeo. I have still not received a replacement part or replacement product as promised by you in your original reply.

At this time I respectfully request a refund as I have had to purchase a replacement case to protect my phone. If I do not receive my refund with in two weeks I will begin going to all the iPhone review sites and posting reviews regarding your poor customer service, and that you do not honor the two year warranty that is listed on your box.

So here we are, no reply from them, no refund, and no replacement part or case.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. DO NOT BUY FROM SwitchEasy

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I made an account just so I could respond.

I agree 100% - SwtichEasy has the worst customer service ever. They dont list phone numbers or addresses either.

I bought a Nude case for my iPhone 4S a month ago. After 2 weeks it developed 4 cracks, and then all of a sudden a 1 inch long strip broke off. The material is so brittle that it breaks through normal usage.

I have sent multiple emails over the last few weeks and have never had a reply.

I should have done more research into the company. The product reviews I saw were good.. Love the case, but mine has to be defective because of how easy it broke.

Stay away from SwtichEasy. Buy a knockoff on ebay for $4 and you can get 5-6 for the same price.

Atleast eBay sellers send replacements for free if you have issues.