Well was about to order!!!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I went to order myself a new Mac Pro the 8 core one with a couple upgrades (8gig ram,5870 card) I had my software all picked out and hit check out. Then BAM the check out page is all borked it looks like a 5yr old got lose and did some damage lol So then i got to thinking how could i save some cash. I checked out Mac Mall they were about $600 cheaper (no rebates just cheaper) but then i read once you order a mac from them you are pretty much on your own. Also stories of component switching etc .

I was wondering how much more power comes from the 8 core westmere over the quad core Nehalem ??? Are they newer Neh chips or left overs from a year ago. I am not a pro or power user so i dont need tip top of the line but i also dont want the thing to be outdated after 1 year (my current g5 lasted 7 years) So if i could save some cash by getting the quad core then i might think about it. Sorry for the ramble

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coloredtoad View Post

I went to order myself a new Mac Pro the 8 core one with a couple upgrades (8gig ram,5870 card) I had my software all picked out and hit check out. Then BAM the check out page is all borked it looks like a 5yr old got lose and did some damage lol So then i got to thinking how could i save some cash. I checked out Mac Mall they were about $600 cheaper (no rebates just cheaper) but then i read once you order a mac from them you are pretty much on your own. Also stories of component switching etc .

I was wondering how much more power comes from the 8 core westmere over the quad core Nehalem ??? Are they newer Neh chips or left overs from a year ago. I am not a pro or power user so i dont need tip top of the line but i also dont want the thing to be outdated after 1 year (my current g5 lasted 7 years) So if i could save some cash by getting the quad core then i might think about it. Sorry for the ramble

Well i did it i ordered!!