Your estimate on the 27-inch HD Display ?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi everyone,

A few months back I took the step and bought a Macbook Pro (the new refresh) and today I sold my PC. So I guess I can officially call me an apple guy, after being against it for many years. As a web-designer I am starting to see some of the advantages and joys with working on a mac.

Now since paying 3.800 USD for my MBP, I am not going to invest in a iMac. Instead I will purchase the upcoming 27-inch display and just hook up my MBP when I get home from university.

What do you think the price will be on the 27-inch display? the 24-inch will definately drop, but I still expect the 27-inch to cost a few hundred more than the 24-inch does now.

What do you think the price will be? And should I also purchase a laptop stand for my MBP - will it really cool my MBP? This one looks pretty good -> Twelve South BookArc Desktop Stand for Notebooks

Why does the numeric keyboard not come in wireless version? Any rumours about this possible coming at some point?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fatfred View Post

Hi everyone,

And should I also purchase a laptop stand for my MBP - will it really cool my MBP? This one looks pretty good -> Twelve South BookArc Desktop Stand for Notebooks

Welcome to the Macintosh platform.

I cannot comment on your main question but in regards to this one, I would recommend getting one if you live in an area that gets rather hot.

I live in northern California and this summer was pretty hot and my battery got deformed due to the heat and will now no longer hold charge. In other words, if the power cord is yanked, the laptop powers off. I have to buy a new battery and, am looking into getting a laptop stand. Hope this info helps!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Hi everyone,

What do you think the price will be on the 27-inch display? the 24-inch will definately drop, but I still expect the 27-inch to cost a few hundred more than the 24-inch does now.

$999.

See here: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...september.html
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

What do you think the price will be on the 27-inch display?

$999, as stated on Apple.com since its launch.

Quote:

And should I also purchase a laptop stand for my MBP

If you wish.

Quote:

will it really cool my MBP?

No, they're all lying.

Quote:

Why does the numeric keyboard not come in wireless version?

Portability.

Quote:

Any rumours about this possible coming at some point?

It isn't happening. Buy a last gen wireless or something that isn't Apple.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    I reckon it'll come in at £1,249 ? based on the fact that the majority of new Apple products are more expensive than their outgoing counterparts (the 24" was more expensive than the 23" it replaced).

Also, at £1,199 the outgoing 30" model doesn't feature iSight, integrated speakers or a MacBook charging facility, so Apple could use those features to up-price.

I don't think they'll go any higher than £1,249 because you can get a 27" iMac for £1,399 ? but in saying that, Apple's pricing structure has never made any sense...