Indy 500 rigged

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have almost no doubt in my mind Tony George instructed IRL drivers to crash in the final laps if a CART driver was threatening to take over the lead from an IRL driver.

Tracy would have one the race if not for such a *coincidential* yellow/crash.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    _ alliance __ alliance _ Posts: 2,070member
    yes, i was thinking it was quite coincidental as well, although didnt really think of a conspiracy. terrible terrible luck fer tracy. bah, oh well...
  • Reply 2 of 20
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Yah, but King Tony...you know...he would have done anything to make sure CART drivers didn't three-peat at Indy.

God, it's so frustrating.
  • Reply 3 of 20
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Most pro sports are rigged. Look at the NBA for example.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    And I definitely know how you feel Eugene. It is very frustrating and there's nothing you can do about it.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    damn yankees...
  • Reply 6 of 20
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    It's a [rofessional spporting event. of course the owners decided who would win before hand.
  • Reply 7 of 20
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 8 of 20
    This type of manufacturing is very possible, and if you watch the telecast, you of course see no approach for Redon and Lazier's crash...

Castroneves is NOT a CART driver any longer. He drives for Team Penske, which has no presence in CART. He is racing the IRL circuit, not the CART circuit. Roger Penske and his dealings with Honda and Toyota have dealt a pretty bad blow to CART this year. He isn't a friend anymore, no matter what his ties are. The captain's priorities are his own.

All the drivers see politics. I guess you don't. I have seen drivers intentionally crash to aid other drivers. The most recent memory is Mario Andretti spinning out on purpose to bring out a yellow for his son because he was trailing the leader badly.

But yeah, what I said was in the heat of the moment because CART was pretty much denied a decisve victory today. Tracy had it wrapped up...just milliseconds changed the entire outcome of the race...but don't tell me people absolutely will not crash on purpose.
  • Reply 9 of 20
    cdhostagecdhostage Posts: 1,038member
    Airsluf, please do not call us idiots.

Perhaps the drivers did not wish to kill themselves in a crash., Therefore, a small box was attached to the steering circuitry or column - whichever modern race cars are built with - and someone else orchestrated the crash.

Or something else just as evil done by the owners. Perhaps a litle chloroform in the air supply.

My statement - "all pro sports are fixed" - stands.
  • Reply 10 of 20
  • Reply 11 of 20
    Airsluf, I wouldn't even be surprised if Tony George has the aforementioned kind of boxes installed on a few of his cars. It's a widely known fact that his personal wealth funds half of the rag-tag IRL teams. He pays for a lot of the IRL out of his own inheritance.

I would not be surprised if Ferrari has a box in the pit box with buttons labeled "oil leak," "lose 7th gear," "lose all gears," etc. for Barrichello's car should he ever become defiant about team orders.
  • Reply 12 of 20
  • Reply 13 of 20
    westonmwestonm Posts: 140member
    [quote] My statement - "all pro sports are fixed" - stands. <hr></blockquote>

I know one that isn't, golf
  • Reply 14 of 20
    [quote]Originally posted by westonm:

<strong>

I know one that isn't, golf </strong><hr></blockquote>

golfs a game, not a sport...
  • Reply 15 of 20
    [quote]Originally posted by _ alliance _:

<strong>

golfs a game, not a sport... </strong><hr></blockquote>

neither
  • Reply 16 of 20
    [quote]Originally posted by BobtheTomato:

<strong>

neither</strong><hr></blockquote>

its a competitive game.
  • Reply 17 of 20
    Did somebody just say golf isn't a sport? Uh oh.....don't make me have to recognize in this thread! Golf is a sport. Tiger Woods is an athlete. he's actually pretty strong for the shots he pulls and for his size (he's not a body builder...but he's actually pretty strong). Golf involves a lot of skill and is the thoughest "game" there is. I'm sure you'd find it draining to play a tournament 18 holes in 90 degree heat like they do. Plus they wear long pants.

Anywayz, golf is definitely not rigged. I dont think baseball is either. There's really no way you can rig them. maybe baseball you could have the pitched deliberately throw bad pitches but I don't know.
  • Reply 18 of 20
    who cares about INDY. F1 is where its at.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    Formula Michael isn't where it's at...not until Montoya can get a worthy car underneath him, and not until 3 teams are competitive in the waning rounds.

My statements stand. The IRL doesn't only manufacture results every once in a while, it does it all the time. You get too many yellows for phantom debris just as cars are about to be lapped by the leader and such. this time they needed something more convincing than a "coke can being thrown onto the track."
  • Reply 20 of 20
    hahahaha

one person does not make a standard. if old fat people can compete, then i dont consider it a sport...

golf is the only "sport" that can support non-athletes...

and baseball CAN be rigged. have u ever heard of the black sox series scandal? w/ a lil money, almost anyone can be bribed...

[quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>Did somebody just say golf isn't a sport? Uh oh.....don't make me have to recognize in this thread! Golf is a sport. Tiger Woods is an athlete. he's actually pretty strong for the shots he pulls and for his size (he's not a body builder...but he's actually pretty strong). Golf involves a lot of skill and is the thoughest "game" there is. I'm sure you'd find it draining to play a tournament 18 holes in 90 degree heat like they do. Plus they wear long pants.

Anywayz, golf is definitely not rigged. I dont think baseball is either. There's really no way you can rig them. maybe baseball you could have the pitched deliberately throw bad pitches but I don't know.</strong><hr></blockquote>