Heads up to the great Macupdate promo.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Of course I am not shilling here, but I was very much impressed with the new macupdate promo... Guys you should put a link to ai for it too, so you can get your fair cut.

Check it out and tell me what you think.

https://www.mupromo.com/

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    It's excessively weak this time around. Not worth it at all.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Well, it's worth it for Toast, but all that other stuff is pretty much garbage.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    You mean the version of Toast that's about to be passed by a major version upgrade? And Roxio in the past has charged ~$59.95 for the version upgrade, which means owning the previous version is only worth $20. I don't see that as a good deal, that's just Roxio trying to get more folks into the buy twice rather than once basket.

No thanks, the rest of the bundle just doesn't hold enough use value, it's deep niche stuff.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    I guess we have radically deferring views here, I really like espionage, concentrate, and get back up pro for the sync feature. Share tool and the interior design app look really cool too.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Concentrate: just shut down Mail and your browser(free). This is just a crutch for lack of discipline and/or common sense.

Espionage: File Vault(free) or any one of about a half dozen open source filesystem encryptors(free) that do the same thing, but in a FAR superior manner. One of the main reasons for encrypting things is to disguise them from intruders. So now Espionage want's to advertise which folders have the good stuff in them. Yeah, that's smart.

Back-up Pro: Time Machine(free) + Super-Duper (free version) can't imagine anything beating that combo.

Where's the value again?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I think, there are many other softwares providing the same applications. Anyway it is good. Thanks for sharing with us.