Need Help Creating A Time Sheet In Numbers

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello, Everyone:

I recently began my freelance design career and would like to keep track of my hours in spreadsheet form. I know nothing of spreadsheet applications whether it be Excel or Numbers. I need a basic rundown of how to make my spreadsheet do what I want.

I'd like my sheet to have the following columns:

Date | Start Time | End Time | Total Time

Now, I have seen where the application renders the time in decimal form, which is fine, but would it be possible to show the time in hours and minutes, like 1 hr 43 mins? I would like to know how to get both sorts of results, if possible. If not, I'll settle for decimals.

In any case, if someone could show me step-by-step how to meet this task, I would really, really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ancient console View Post

In any case, if someone could show me step-by-step how to meet this task, I would really, really appreciate it.

In other words, you want someone to design a spreadsheet for your business free of charge.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ancient console View Post

Hello, Everyone:

I recently began my freelance design career and would like to keep track of my hours in spreadsheet form. I know nothing of spreadsheet applications whether it be Excel or Numbers. I need a basic rundown of how to make my spreadsheet do what I want.

I'd like my sheet to have the following columns:

Date | Start Time | End Time | Total Time

Now, I have seen where the application renders the time in decimal form, which is fine, but would it be possible to show the time in hours and minutes, like 1 hr 43 mins? I would like to know how to get both sorts of results, if possible. If not, I'll settle for decimals.

Thanks in advance!

You could of course invest time in learning how to build spreadsheets in Numbers, and reinvent the wheel in the process. But you could also use a specialized application like Billings (US$ 39,99; integrates with your iPhone for input en route), simply tweak it to your liking and be done with it. And there are dozens more timesheet applications like that.

You've got a Mac, you don't need screwdrivers and programming skills to get stuff like this to work. Just install it, set the preferences and your parameters, rates, units, layout, logo, invoicing cycles, etc. etc. And just roll with it.

It works.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Well, before I've been so tired using numbers to do a time sheet and calculating it manually. You could download the timesheet template for free either using decimal format or any format.