Bumper/Connector fit issues

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I just received my free bumper from Apple, and while I like the looks and feel of it, I can't get it to work with charger/connector that came with the phone. I've seen other people having problems with 3rd party connectors, but this is the standard connector from Iphone 4 box. The cutout on the bottom of the bumper just does not allow the connector to fit securely. Apple support just suggested that I take the bumper off every time I need to charge or sync the phone which isn't very practical. Have any of you had this issue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    I had a problem with a USB connector that came with an old iPod but the connector from the iP4 and my old iPhone 3G fit properly. This was why I order another third party case when I had the chance. They third party cases do a better job supporting Apple and Apple certified dock connectors.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    No problems for me with the cable that came with the phone but 3rd party connectors are hit-or-miss.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I called Apple back and explained to them again that, for whatever reason, my bumper does not work with the connector I received with my phone, and they have issued me a replacement bumper.