New 2010 Mac Pro exact hardware specifications?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hello All,

Is there any place I can find exact hardware specifications for new Mac Pro 2010?

I mean:

- Chipset

- Audio card

- Network card

- Wireless

I'm asking this because my plan is to try to install Windows XP x64.

I know it's not officially supported, but that's the only copy of Windows I have, I like it a lot, and I don't have any plan to buy any new version soon.

I know it can be installed, but it's useless unless I can find drivers for it. Graphic card will not be a problem, so I need drivers for things listed above. At least for a chipset, audio and network (even wireless is not absolutely necessary, but it will be nice to have it).

Or, if someone already installed standard XP (32-bit), he can go to device list and post here screenshots or simply write everything.

I will appreciate any answer a lot.

Please don't turn this topic to discussion about XP x64. Thank you.

Cheers!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sasha_yu View Post

- Chipset

X58. Standard Westmere chipset.

Quote:

- Audio card

None. Likely a Broadcom audio chip.

Quote:

- Network card

Again, none. It's just the stock Ethernet ports on the chipset.

Quote:

- Wireless

The Network Utility application located in Applications/Utilities can be used to identify the model and supported protocols of an installed AirPort card.

Quote:

Or, if someone already installed standard XP (32-bit), he can go to device list and post here screenshots or simply write everything.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=231901

Page 4.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Thank you for your reply, Tallest Skil.

First, about your link to another thread:

I already read everything here on this forum about installation of XP x64, and I did search n some other forums and web in general. I found many sources, but usually they are not complete, and there isn't any about new Mac Pro.

What I know for sure is that chipset driver itself is not enough.

For network and sound another driver must be installed, for example I saw that most of the people tried with Realtek audio driver.

The fact that sound and network is on motherboard doesn't mean that I don't need drivers for it.

That's why I want to see informations from XP 32-bit installed via bootcamp on new Mac Pro - device names there can be helpful to determine the drivers.

Hopefully someone will be able to help.