Apple in 10 years, then and now, and the future?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The 'halo' device 10 years ago was the bondi blue iMac, and now the iPhone is the new halo device and it's specs are superior in every way to the original iMac, and it's a lot cheaper.

I've posted an interesting pic highlighting this evolution - This is how Apple has changed in a decade iOS... | nxtgn+

Where do you see Apple moving in the next 10 years? Is Apple going to be a primarily mobile company rather than a computer company?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    They're already primarily a mobile company. They've been primarily mobile since at least 2006.

Of course they're going to screw over the people who want to use their computers. That's just how it works.

Notice it's not "Apple Computer Inc." anymore. Any clues there?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by i0Nic View Post

The 'halo' device 10 years ago was the bondi blue iMac, and now the iPhone is the new halo device and it's specs are superior in every way to the original iMac, and it's a lot cheaper.

I've posted an interesting pic highlighting this evolution - This is how Apple has changed in a decade iOS... | nxtgn+

Where do you see Apple moving in the next 10 years? Is Apple going to be a primarily mobile company rather than a computer company?

Mobile computing will be a big part of the future, there is no doubt there. That does not mean though that desktop computers go away.

Besides in ten years the next big thing will likely be bio integrated computing. That is a cell phone / computer that is embedded and linked directly to your brain. Think that is funny or impossible? If so I'd suggest going to the mall and watching all the robots run around with their Blutooth headset clipped to their ears.

In any event that is just one possibility, it is hard to say where Apple will go. TVs with built in Facetime would not be a surprise. I suspect that more of what we call computing these days will be seen as appliances in the future.