Finder (add pixel & resolution columns)

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
You know when you open folder or a volume the Finder display the columns Name, Date modified, Size & Kind. Is it possible for the Finder to show or add a columns to display dimension in inches, pixels dimensions & resolution? In order to see this info I have to open the file in Photoshop or Bridge.

I know you can search for attributes likes Resolution height, Pixels height etc in the Finder but the whole idea is not to search is to add a column displaying those attributes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Uh, it already does that.

There's no point in doing dimensions since you can actively change that, but it gives resolution by default.

Aaaaand I'd attach a screenshot if this tanj forum would let me. \

Ah. There. External hosting. Fine, then.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Thanks for your reply. You are absolutely right if you like to use Finder column view. In order to show that info you have to select and go image by image to display those attributes.

I was trying to say if you have a Finder list view with a column with pixels dimension & another for resolution. I can't attach a screenshot because I don't have an URL
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Oh, I see. It'd be nice to add columns there, but I don't think it's possible. Sorry.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Thank You for taking the time to answer. Have a nice day
  • Reply 5 of 5
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    I think that it would be nice to have the ability to display a mini info window in the Finder windows. I can definitely see how that would be useful.

One alternative, although no seamless, is to keep an Inspector (cmd-opt-i) window open, with some of the display arrows collapsed. It will update with info on whatever file you click on.