In-person interview at Apple Corporate

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Any and all tips/suggestions/advice welcome!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    1. Well, are you a virgin?

2. I would expect that engineering would be the most specific personality. You can't be told what it is; you have to have it on your own. Attempting to emulate it won't get you anywhere.

3. Likely not, but if it's engineering, expect the unexpected.

4. Sorry, no clue. Apple's Apple, though, so whatever you get, it'll be intense.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thelastmohican1 View Post

Any and all tips/suggestions/advice welcome!

I would suggest avoiding posting on a forum like this, which posts news about upcoming Apple products and insider information. You've given quite specific details about the timing of your application, Apple could easily see this and narrow it down and eliminate you from the process given that working at Apple HQ would require the most secrecy. If you are quick to post online on a forum like this with the information you've given about the interview before you've even started, it doesn't look good.

Apple should of course be more understanding in this regard because the main element of this forum is the discussion of ideas, not finding out Apple's secrets but still, they have every reason to suspect that people posting here have the intent to share the secrets.

I think your approach to the interview is wrong. Your questions point to you wanting to change to fit their interview process by finding out about the interviewers and what they want rather than being yourself and seeing if you fit the role. You should find out about the company and obviously how your skills apply to the job you are applying for but there's not much else that will help you - trivia like knowing what Steve's middle name is shouldn't make one bit of difference. His middle name is Papadopoulos btw, in case they ask.