Parallels 6 has been out for a bit..any feedback or opinions?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I admit I was pretty skeptical given the quirkiness and general flakiness I saw in Parallels 4. I used the demo for 2 weeks and ended up switching from Fusion 3. The feature set is now on par with Fusion, and it actually does seem quite a bit faster. I'm undecided if I like the snapshot/time machine setup yet. I'm wondering if anyone has had problems doing full restores using this setup?

The conversion was mostly painless with one two minor hiccups. A blue screen the first day I started using it with my work XP image, and the time zone was apparently set to Central America instead of Central Standard (apparently that bug has existed for a very long time...get on the ball folks, it looks bad).

Other than that, no major complaints so far.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    d34nd34n Posts: 1member
    I use Parallels 6 for running Windows 7 coherent with OSX and I must say it runs pretty well. I do see a little bit of change on how the application lets the 2 operating systems work together but it does it perfectly. Everything runs smooth and I definitely have no complaints.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    djrumpydjrumpy Posts: 1,116member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by d34n View Post

I use Parallels 6 for running Windows 7 coherent with OSX and I must say it runs pretty well. I do see a little bit of change on how the application lets the 2 operating systems work together but it does it perfectly. Everything runs smooth and I definitely have no complaints.

It seems they no longer let you disable the Control+Shift 'right mouse' function on a Mac \

I need that key combo for an app I use.