Macbook Pro Question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
It has been awhile since I have upgraded my Laptop...I can get one now but it isn't critical so...Do they offer deals around Xmas on Macbooks or Pros? or once new ones come out( any ideas? what is the average discount on the existing ones. I have never really paid any attentions before since I wasn't looking to buy but now I wish I did. I am sure it isn't much but...

muchO appreciated!

C

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Your question has nothing to do with how Apple does business. Apple does not do annual model updates for laptops or desktops. Apple does not maintain excess inventory that it has to move to make room for the new models. The only hint that a new models are coming is that the old models go into short supply or become unavailable.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Unless you are a student, an employee of Apple, or are buying hundreds of a model, you will not be getting a discount.

Apple does a Black Friday sale. Up to $100 off models. No other sales.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    joe hsjoe hs Posts: 488member
    if you are a primary school-high school student/ college student/ uni student/ teacher/ work at a uni/ own a business/ are buying hundreds of models then you get a discount
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Unless you are a student, an employee of Apple, or are buying hundreds of a model, you will not be getting a discount.

Apple does a Black Friday sale. Up to $100 off models. No other sales.

That's not entirely true. Whenever Apple unveils a new model, you can usually find the previous gen on sale in the clearance section of the store. And there are refurbished Macs at a decent discount, though O wouldn't really call that a sale price.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by climber View Post

It has been awhile since I have upgraded my Laptop...I can get one now but it isn't critical so...Do they offer deals around Xmas on Macbooks or Pros? or once new ones come out( any ideas? what is the average discount on the existing ones. I have never really paid any attentions before since I wasn't looking to buy but now I wish I did. I am sure it isn't much but...

muchO appreciated!

C

Go to the Apple website and you will see models of refurbished laptops they are selling with a discount and a warranty.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    climberclimber Posts: 130member
    Just picked up a MacBookpro 13 inch for 1149 Can...100 off with junk trade in...works for me

T